custom or aftermarket turbo elbow

ray77

Hi, please let me know your price and if you have a pic that would be greath. Thanks please pm me !

P

pulsarboby

i have one but it will need the downpipe adapting a little to fit it, you can have the whole lot for £120 delivered and il even chuck in a section of downpipe for you to adapt if thats any use

M

markwashington

Also try getting one made up for £120, you should be so lucky, the cheapest option would be to modify one off a 200, but it would require some work.

P

pulsarboby

thats expensive give me some time if i dont find anything ill get back to you thx
expensive :shock: lol i was doing you a favour!
dont bother coming back thanks was a one off offer

M

markwashington

"expensive :shock: lol i was doing you a favour!
dont bother coming back thanks was a one off offer"

Good work Bob :-D, I was hoping you would say that, is there any chance you could fit it to mine when I come in on the 28th, my downpipe is blowing and I need a new turbo elbow, it'll be killing two birds with one stone so to speak. :thumbsup:

M

markwashington

How "around 300bhp" are you? It does make an impact but the standard will flow fine for at least 376bhp which is what mine is making. That being said if you want to go for big power it's a must. It depends what spec you have really as there may be better things to spend the money on.

shroom

You would make thjat power a lot easier with a better elbow the cast ones are a peace of shite, why run a 370bhp pulsar and put a big ass restrictor on it I know you are looking to change but I would say that a custom elbow is a good idea for anything other than small tunmed pulsars its a big improvement

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Also try getting one made up for £120, you should be so lucky, the cheapest option would be to modify one off a 200, but it would require some work.
I was thinking the same thing...

(Would the wife kill me if I bought that? Could I get it swapped without her realising?)

M

markwashington

"why run a 370bhp pulsar and put a big ass restrictor on it I know you are looking to change but I would say that a custom elbow is a good idea for anything other than small tunmed pulsars its a big improvement"

I still have the aircon in mine sadly hence running it on the standard elbow, the aircon is coming out in september and if that could be followed by a 3' elbow and downpipe followed by bigger injectors I'd see 400bhp, I'd been biding my time and was building the car up slowly but I'm so close to the holy grail of 400bhp that I'm thinking sod it, out with the credit card and get it sorted before the new year :-D

johnsy

one of the best mods iv fitted, £120 is the cheapest elbow you'll get £200 is normally the bench mark

MarkTurbo

the cast ones are a peace of shite
Couldn't agree more, you only need to look inside one to see what a bottleneck it is to the system!

:lol: At somebody thinking £120 is expensive for a decent elbow :der: I made this up for mine (can just about see it in the picture) and it took me at least 4-5 hours work.

shroom

strange how some parts people always push round and never want to buy like the elbow, other things like big turbos front mounts shiney exhaust systems etc dont get any of this, but its one of the important bottle necks to clear

John

Theres a real market for a group buy if someone has the skills and resources to do it, I know id certainly buy one!