Cusco front lower brace

Keira

this may seem like a completely abhorent thought to you andy, but have you not considered....dare i say it.....a brand new one from a shop :shock: :lol:

Mr GTiR

Keira said:
this may seem like a completely abhorent thought to you andy, but have you not considered....dare i say it.....a brand new one from a shop :shock: :lol:
Nar fook that. But then again i do have that money i owe you that i could buy it with insetad :thumbsup: :lol: :p

MINESGTIR

ill take one.. do we have any pics? is this the one that people have difficulty fitting once they have a mongoose?

does anyone who has one notice that it does anything ?

a lot of braces are just guff and dont serve any handling benefits

godzilr

they make a difference...i have th 2 point on mine...make the front end that little bit more solid after fitting the strut brace

they're fairly cheap too

with the 2 point for 70GB and the 4 point at 100GP i think

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
The 4 point one seemed to make a difference once fitted (and yes they do fit round a 3" Exhaust system) but just bare in mind I have had to rebuild/weld mine back together more than once, as when fitted to a lowered car the front bar is only a few inches off the floor and tends to get caught on high man hole covers e.t.c.

oh, and mines not for sale either :lol:

Trip

stevepudney said:
The 4 point one seemed to make a difference once fitted (and yes they do fit round a 3" Exhaust system) but just bare in mind I have had to rebuild/weld mine back together more than once, as when fitted to a lowered car the front bar is only a few inches off the floor and tends to get caught on high man hole covers e.t.c.

I can only imagine the Whiteline which sits even lower then the CUSCO

godzilr

yeah the whiteline hangs way too low...i personally wouldn't fit a whiteline lower brace on mine, unless my car was at factory height

Animaldaz

stevepudney said:

Thats interesting, Ive got a 2 point and my old mongoose used to chafe on it, but only when cornering, guess i must have had more movement across the system. I assumed i was gonna have to modify it to be able to keep it with the 3".