Current Suspension Options

Marvymarv

Hi there

Right, I know the subjective nature to this post but here goes,

Whats the best possible suspension option for the pulsar right now, because looking at what’s available out there right now looks absolute rubbish.

I’m not sure if the Ohlins gtir suspension is still an option as not listed on Ohlins site and there is only one new set for sale after a good look on the net, they are in some far off land that I doubt are even in stock.

It would break my heart to buy some Meisters.

thankyouuu

Marvymarv

I’d just like to add that I have no evidence that Ohlins was ever the best choice, I’m honestly assuming there, just wanted to clear, thanks

Cathode

i'd say if you're not tracking the car just go for the BC option. Tein are ok. Ohlins are good but they bloody well should be for the price.

Or you might find something more suitable in a static guise rather than coil-overs.

astarozna

You guys live in Uk, plenty of companies, say...nitron suspension. I personally would pick something locally, easy to get parts or get serviced and modern technology.

Marvymarv

Nitron is proper I agree, but I’m not savvy enough to understand how I’d rustle a nitron custom kit, other than asking nitron of cause, as there isn’t a gtir option, I have seen a USA shop that sells lots of custom nitron kits for non product listed cars, so I understand it’s do-able, im just not mechanically proficient to grasp it. Thanks

astarozna

Not to worry, just figure out what you want the suspension to do and go from there. Nitron was an example you can approach a manufacturer/distributor who you like/can afford and tell them what you want and go from there ;)

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
The following companies said no to me:

Proflex (UK) Ltd
Nitron
Ohlins
KW (Germany/UK)
Bilstein Suspension (UK)
(however I have been on their case about some kind of track coilover kit when I was at Goodwood last year, so they may change their mind)
GAZ
AVO

AST are the only "decent" company that was interested.

IMO.....

Mister
BC Racing
D2
Tein
...are either naff cheap crap or old tech compaired to whats being made by suspension companies today.

I did ask BC Racing for some inverted ex-reservoirs from their "racing division" but they never confimed or bothered to get back to me.

I know Proflex made the NME kits for the rally cars.
AST said yes
Bilstien might be worth keep asking.

Other than that its the crap listed above!

Marvymarv

I think Andy that if you and I did a mini group buy, like me a you they might do them, I also think that I sound stupid talking about technical/mechanical car wise, this is your territory ha,

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I'll have my engine back by the end of the year, then its the turbo rebuild, new ECU and to finish, new suspension.

Maybe if people need something mid to late 2024, I can look at a group buy or find a suppler to make something?

Marvymarv

I’d be down for that of cause mate, I think it’s the only option of ever getting any modern high end suspension on a gtir.