Cracked DP Mainfold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will not tell you the full story until I resolve the personal dispute first. :twisted:
Anyway, I was sold this DP mainfold along with others parts.

The DP mainfold has cracks and seems damaged and brittle.
They seller does not want to refund me.
I was not told about this before hand.:roll:

Anyway my question is.
Does anyone have experence of dealing with a cracked mainfold?
Are they easy to re weld?

Pictures.
P.s I am yet to take the heat wrap off to reveal the full horrors:)

red reading

just get it welded by a competent welder, thats only a minor crack and easy to do. then when you fit it make sure you brace the manifold/turbo properley and the exhaust has to be hung to make sure it puts no weight on the turbo.

topdoggtir

Will not tell you the full story until I resolve the personal dispute first. :twisted:
Anyway, I was sold this DP mainfold along with others parts.

The DP mainfold has cracks and seems damaged and brittle.
They seller does not want to refund me.
I was not told about this before hand
name and shame.

Not going to blame anyone for now.
People might say what goes around and all that lark-
We will see who has the last laugh.

Thanks for the advise on how to fix it.

Anyway removed the rest of the heat wrap.
Think it's fixable anyway.
Re weld and creamic coated?

warpspeed

those cracks are just the way it goes when a tubular manifold isn't braced properly.
The problem is you want the steel as thin as possible to avoid heat transfer that you get with thicker steel, but unfortunately this cracks more so the manifold needs braced correctly, that's not as easy as it is to say as you need to know how the manifold is going to expand/contract.
Not much help to you I know but you do need to accept that with the design/build of the manifold you have the cracks are the fault of the original builder and not the person selling it, you could get it welded and heat wrapped and it most likely will have cracked after it's first heat cycle fitted to your car.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Who was it that made them out of "steam pipe"; Turbinetech? I don't think those crack, but I don't know how many they made (or if any of them left Canada).

Rob, why don't you let everyone know how much I paid for all the items, and if you see. I am now selling them all off to make the same amount I bought them.
The turbo will be sold for a lot cheaper.
So if anyone wants to buy them off me they can the lot.
Not dealing with liars and do not want their parts on my car.

With Vss Yes we have had our ups and downs, but bought some parts off him and it was a clean sale.

So as mentioned what I bought, and if someone wants to make an offer on the whole lot.

Apexi dump valve
Hks intercooler core with 2 piece of pipework
Dp cracked mainfold
external wastegate
gt3040 turbo

Also Rob, please tell me when i said i would come to Scotland to do you in?
Or was it you that made a thread first.
Pm's don't lie.

As mentioned Rob, i pm'd you to say don't get involved it is not you I am mad at but you keep coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.