couple of wierd noises that haven't gone away

olliecast

Evening / early morning all,
Thought I'd post up a few noises I'm getting. Certanly isn't causing any reduction in peformance but doing my head in nontheless.

The first is a creaking sound. Happens just after pull off and sound like something tapping on the passenger footwell (nearest the firewall). Goes completely when the car is rolling and only does it when pulling off after the first few feet.

The second is a "coo'ing" sound like a pigeon that appear to come from the engine bay for a short period when on medium load just after 3k. Afr's and boost show no signs of instability from what I can see.

Any ideas?

Cheers in advance,
Ollie

whytie

I know someone who had the same kind of coo'ing noise turned out to be a poor seal on the plenium gasket .

olliecast

Cheers matey will try the plenum.

The clutch system is fine and the noise isn't related to the operation of it at all. My pedal creeks even with a bracket on bit its the passenger side creaking that concerns me a little£

To do with the creaking I've been under the car with an extension and can't really find any movement.

Howver, I have a little side to side plan in my rack but can't imagine it being this?

olliecast

You have a pigeon stuck under the bonnet coo'ing and taping to get out by the sound of it.
Had a look a minute ago and the buggers either hiding or flys off then comes back at just over 3k on medium load :)

Any ideas on the creaking and its louder then its beak would be ;)

Cheers,
Ollie

johnsy

medium loads, your to blame for all this global warming malarky, fill the thing next time charlie boy and crank it up to 6k for 30 mins then line dry for perfect results,

red reading

Engine mounts (try greasing them) or suspension balljoints (mine made a similar noise) could also be polybush'es if they are dry too, apart from that without hearing it i don't know my little feather'd friend