could be a nice project,,,

simpulsar

no m8 this was the reply

"ITS IS A DAKAR I HAVE CHECKED MYSELF THE DAY I BOUGHT IT , BUT I WILL BE PUTTING PROOF ON LISTING AS FOR GIVING OUT CHASSIS NUMBER I AM AFRAID NOT ONLY FOR SECURITY REASONS."

would have thought the only proof was the chassis number and if he wont give it to me for security reasons then how else can he prove its a rb

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'd be impressed if this sight had proved it was a Dakar... I always thought they were the unicorns of the GTiR world! A mythical beast that people talk about, but who's existance has never been proven.
After all this time, it was just rotting in a field somewhere; case closed!?

Get back to him and say "Sorry, not your chassis number then; the model number." - I don't know why he'd care about the security; he's selling it, so it will be someone else's problem if the VIN has been released to the world.
Plus, proving it's what he says it is would actually increase his sale price; very few of us would bid on an unknown quantity like that, simply on the basis that some dodgy barsteward says so.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
In theory your vehicle could be cloned by someone else (maybe with a cat C write-off) if they got hold of your VIN. But, as I said, that would be the new owner's problem.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
So... it's had a few bids on it, and it's ending soon.
Should I be keeping an eye open for the parts when they come up for sale? :thumbsup:
Failing that, should I be getting all my spares together to try to make a killing when the new owner tries to restore it? :roll:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Looks like it sold at £1320 - that surprises me a little seeing as it's pretty much just a rolling shell. Despite what it says, I wouldn't have thought the internals would be much use if he's run it dry, and seized it. I suppose the parts are worth a bit if you were to break it, but I would have guessed sub £1k because you could buy a running one for £1500 that hasn't been sitting in a field for a year.

Was it anyone on here?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It wasn't Fire & Skill was it? He just bought a Pulsar that he said was a non-runner, and that had the intercooler (and possibly the exhaust) full of oil.

NME_RR

after a clean up the body work is mint, the interior is mint but mismatched seats front to rear, e.g. Ra front seats rb grey rear seats, light weight head lining and rear quarter interior pannels, the only thing i questioned was the rear wiper and washer bottle but i know this was an optional extra.
oh and windy windows for the extra effort approach.

The wheels are mint, i mite be tempted to sell them as i have some nice wilwoods and 17" super leggeras to fit on, basically it drives and the knocking isnt that bad, ive heard worse diesel cement mixers, it should be on the road within 3-4 weeks depending if i find a door hint hint

NME_RR

i for got to do the laughing bit on the video, so hahhahahhahhahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

cheap GTI-R me thinks

NME_RR

I certainly am, but who wouldn't be with an almost road worthy RB gti-r for less than £1500, plus i got another engine to pop straight in, woo hoo happy days, the 'R lives on

NME_RR

Have a listen to the video and have a guess at what is wrong with the engine, ,

I don't know yet but (it fires on all 4) will be out and striped in 2-3 weeks

place your bets now

NME_RR

bottom end???
yes its definatley the bottom half of the engine, the cams are fine and not knocking, it sounds like it the oil pump side,

Later i will pop my camera down the spark plug holes to see the condition of the pistons and liners,

I mite try spraying it with WD40 1st see if that fixes it :lol:

rams_pulsar

.............it wont, my guess is big ends makes same noise my starlet did

p.s. you've done a good job cleaning it

Last edited:

NME_RR

good buy! you took a risk and it payed off
mabe now you will admit your other car is just a jap import lol
My Original RB i have is a geunnie NME and yea its jap build but then most of the GTi-R's were,

i dont know the ratios between jap built, and other countries, were there any actually built in the uk??

I think not, i cant see nissan building 79 Sunnys in a uk factory at all. but then im just guessing again, and could be seriously wrong!

Plus i rekon a minimulistic ammount of chassis were built ouside of japan, if any. So by this assumption, probably 100% of parts were built in japan so all your arguments could be invalid anyway.