compressor wheel trim?

nismoboy

No one know where the compressor trim actually is?

is it the housing? or the compressor wheel its self :?: :?:

nismoboy

well with the compressor wheel size ie (71mm) you get a trim (ie 56 trim)
just wanted to know how u find out what trim u have?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
nismoboy said:
well with the compressor wheel size ie (71mm) you get a trim (ie 56 trim)
just wanted to know how u find out what trim u have?

Take it apart and measure it... Its the only way unless you have the tech stats from the supplier...

Rishi

Rishi

DOT2DOT said:
Like the A/R ratio?

What you mean..?

The A/R is the only detail you get on the turbo really... Its on the Compressor Housing...

Some turbo's may have the tech data on the manufacturers tag which is on the turbo somewhere... TD ones won't though...

Rishi

D

DOT2DOT

Just asking is that what he means by "trim"? Does he mean A/R? Im not 100% clued up on turbos either - there is a lot to learn.

zia

why do you what to check comp trim? what trim do you have at the mo? having larger trim on same size wheel will not see an bhp increase.(not that you,ll notice)

zia

D

DOT2DOT

Ah i think ive got this. The trim is the angle of the blades on the comp? Is that right?

ram5ay

nismoboy said:

The trim is the width of the blades on the compressor wheel, the inducer part of the compressor turbine (the bit you can see) relative to the outer tip diameter.

For example if you gat a hybrid turbo it may have a standard compressor housing that has been machined out to allow fitting of a compressor wheel with a larger trim, but same diameter.

You can work out a compressor wheels trim by dividing the diameter of the inducer (small end) by the diameter of the outer tip (big end) then squaring..... so you will have to take the compressor housing off to do this.

:wink:

Rishi

ram5ay said:
nismoboy said:

The trim is the width of the blades on the compressor wheel, the inducer part of the compressor turbine (the bit you can see) relative to the outer tip diameter.

For example if you gat a hybrid turbo it may have a standard compressor housing that has been machined out to allow fitting of a compressor wheel with a larger trim, but same diameter.

You can work out a compressor wheels trim by dividing the diameter of the inducer (small end) by the diameter of the outer tip (big end) then squaring..... so you will have to take the compressor housing off to do this.

:wink:

nismoboy said:
At last!! someone who actually knows lol. Thanks mate :wink:

Thats what i said in the begining... Take it apart and measure it...

:roll:

nismoboy

rishi
Thats what i said in the begining... Take it apart and measure it...

:roll:[/quote]

it would have helped if i knew what part to measure :roll: