Coilovers

Yodi

I've been let down with some suspension I bought so I'm back on the look out for a set of coilovers for my GTiR.

Must be able to post, or at least package for me to book courier if not near enough to me, Potters Bar

Thanks, Yodi

red reading

gabs do, seriosley though most coilovers screw the cars handleing as the spring rates are to hard/they dont have enough travel and most are cheap shite, the best price wise are bc. all the others are still not as good as as a set of koni or gabs.

Yodi

Ok thanks, i'll put my other wheels on and see how it sits, I will be selling my OZ Superturismos too

Mr B

If going coilover you need to do a fair bit of research & request custom spec spring rates as most are just badly developed for fast road use.
BC coilovers are not bad for road use & can be improved by softer spring rates/dual helper spring setup & not dumped stupidly low & not run with 17" rims.
Good thing with BC style coilovers is height is adjusted via adjustable lower bracket not spring lower mount, this means you get full damper travel & corner weights can be set up correctly.
Good condition GABs or Nismo struts are good road suspension but hard to find worthy units used.
Old GABs with Bilstein insert mod looks interesting option but not a common one so not easiest path to follow ...

Would not be keen on buy struts from a high speed rolled car (eBay link) but if local may be worth a look if price stays reasonable.

Yodi

You could look on eBay.
Why does everyone on here do that, do you really think I've not looked on ebay before asking for a set in the wanted section? Also, you could have read my thread, says coilovers they are just shocks and springs.

Yodi

If going coilover you need to do a fair bit of research & request custom spec spring rates as most are just badly developed for fast road use.
BC coilovers are not bad for road use & can be improved by softer spring rates/dual helper spring setup & not dumped stupidly low & not run with 17" rims.
Good thing with BC style coilovers is height is adjusted via adjustable lower bracket not spring lower mount, this means you get full damper travel & corner weights can be set up correctly.
Good condition GABs or Nismo struts are good road suspension but hard to find worthy units used.
Old GABs with Bilstein insert mod looks interesting option but not a common one so not easiest path to follow ...

Would not be keen on buy struts from a high speed rolled car (eBay link) but if local may be worth a look if price stays reasonable.
Thanks for a helpful reply, appreciate it. when I had my last gtir (2003/4) I had Teins and although a solid ride they were great, but then again I ran the car on 15's and 16's and never too low.

The new wheels I have bought are 16's so I can get rid of the 17's as I find them too big.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Why does everyone on here do that, do you really think I've not looked on ebay before asking for a set in the wanted section? Also, you could have read my thread, says coilovers they are just shocks and springs.
Yes George, for gods sake stop trying to be helpful.........:doh:

Mr B

BC with 4/3kg springs are better than JIC, Leda & Tien SS on road for me.
If mainly road use & you have very good gabs/nismos I would consider keeping them. If current struts are worn & coilovers are desired the BC is not bad way to go for the price/servicing availability & can allow for good setup.