coatings on inlet & exhaust

sypher

as above what is the best colour of coatings for inlet piping ( white to reflect away heat ) and intercooler ( this is the contradicting part ) i thought black to absorb heat just like the rad.
the exhaust what is best coulor of coating can't decide whether white or black ( mani' absorb like a heat sink or reflect heat back in )

what do you think ????????

zia

colour is not going to be issue providing inlet air stream is cold from an iffeicient intercooler! plus you have that big scoop which is directing air towards the inlet if you,ve removed the t/m/i. colouring the exhaust would be same unless you go for ceramic coating.

zia

A

AJ4

I'd say black as well, but I read a convincing report once that said colour is irrelevant, its surface finish etc thats important. Too thick a coat of paint acts like an insulator and drops efficiency or something ( the figures quoted were in microns as well :shock: )

I think the upshot was, bare metal, smooth, but not too smooth ( dont polish it as you lose surface area ? )

Nad

Im polishing the whole inlet tract to reflect off the heat as the stupid cool tape is crap and is £££. Most uprated rads I have seen are black, IC needs to be reflective to stop it absorbing heat as well IMO.

Nad