Clutch

paz

It won't be uprated for that price - which I'd want if it was me, and make sure its a firm cost and not a ''quote which may change depending on fitting time''.

paz

geoff pine

A "qoute" is a firm cost an "estimate" is just a round about price but could be more.A "qoute"is the price with no hidden extras.

O

Odin

If I got quoted that sort of money I'd be running away from those clowns as fast as I could, They must be a right load of cowboys.

You going to have to spend at least £300-£500 for a good clutch that will last and another £300-£400 for someone to do the work for you.

Or are you just trying to do it on the cheap so you can get rid of the car and pass any future problems onto the next mug that buy it off you?, If you can't afford to do a proper job on the clutch you shouldn't even have a pulsar in the first place, because that's one of the cheaper jobs.

Rob

Gray

Exactly what Rob said, £285 shouldn't even cover the price of an 'alright' clutch never mind 6 hours labour of fitting the bar steward.

D

_dave_

175 if you supply your own clutch.. or 285 with a standard clutch fitted. ive seen these guys before, they import jap cars only and have a lot of hi spec stuff sometimes, but that price is cheap as chips!

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Sounds like they are only replacing the Clutch plate itself and not the whole clutch assembly.. But then even at £175 fitting is awfully cheap... Too cheap... I would be careful with that one...

Go somewhere else...

Rishi

D

_dave_

thing is though if you supply them your own clutch and they fit it, can you see where they have fitted it or is it impossible from the bay, just wondering they could keep it themselves etc and put a dodgy one in!

antgtir

Unless you stand over their shoulders for the day you wont know exactly what they have put in. However if you have an uprated clutch to go in which is defo recommended you would be able to feel the difference i.e. uprated clutch would be much heavier than a standard item.

I must admit it does seem to cheap and maybe there could be some hidden costs if they find out the hard way its not just a simple box off job.

Ant.:?

P

Pete

sorry ant but you are wrong there ive got a uprated clutch in my car and the pedal is no different in which i mean its NOT harder to press down why dont you just stand over there shoulders while they are doing it or if you are unsure about if they can or carnt do it or are going to rip you off just take it somwhere else :-D :-D

Mark_GTiR

The guy who fitted my clutch did charged me £250 for his time (1 day) but I supplied my own RPS street max.

The pedal was heavier and the guy who fitted it, (not that I didn't trust him) showed me the fooked standard item and mashed bearing that came out.

Cheers
Mark

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
_dave_ said:
thing is though if you supply them your own clutch and they fit it, can you see where they have fitted it or is it impossible from the bay, just wondering they could keep it themselves etc and put a dodgy one in!
Why dont you talk to mike ( Mike exgtir ), hes based down in kent & does this sort of job all the time, he wouldnt rip you off.

Last edited: