clutch biting low

Boooooost

I fitted a new ap organic clutch the other day and also replaced the slave and master cylinders the biting point is now v-low i've bled it loads but its still the same there is also a fair bit of free play in the pedal. I figured it was just air but as i've bled it so much thought it would be ok any ideas :?: :?

Boooooost

This is true but this is v-low you only have to lift the pedal a little and it bites its quite hard to drive in traffic stop starting

P

purplemonster

i renently bought a R 3months ago and drove it home and the bite on the clutch was nice ,although the clutch was slipping ?

i changed the clutch and fitted an AP paddle clutch and then the bite point was very close to the floor ?

i justb adjusted the rod between the pedal and the slave cylinder and hey now its great

i put it down to the fact that the paddle friction plate was thinner than the normal type ?

ROB

O

Olly

Yeap you normally need to adjust the clutch pedal rod to get enough leverage to overcome the force of the stronger pressure plate on the new stronger clutch, just make sure you have a bit of freeplay left :wink: