Clunk on startup!

Shaun

:? Hi guy's,more problems :wink: Went out to my car tonight and started it as usual(turned the key with no accelerator)and got sort of a timing chain hitting the case type noise for a split second :shock: :? .The car drove fine all the way to my mates house(about 4 miles away)and when the turbo timer cut out it made the same noise :? .So left it until i was going home,started it up again ......same noise :? and while pulling out of the parking space i got a bit lazy and pulled the car out on tick over slowly lifting and dropping the clutch and when lifting the clutch the noise got louder :shock: :shock: but if i put some revs on and pulled away normally....no noise :? So on the way home i took it on the local airstrip and put it into 4th gear at 30mph and put my foot down to put the engine under load and no noise :? so i dont think its big ends.so i pulled it on the drive at home and opened the bonnet to have a look while the turbo timer was on and when the engine stopped it sounded as though the noise was coming from the bell housing area on the front side near the rad :? Do you guy's think that it might be the clutch :?: as it's still the standard item and i've been running a strong 1bar for about 8 months now with 1.18bar on the odd occasion :?:

:cry: PLEASE DONT say it's a RE-BUILD :cry:

Shaun

:wink: Thanks for all the reply's :wink: :roll: .Sorted it,i've got a RadTech frontmount intercooler with piggy back alloy rad and because i removed the air con pipes,the intecooler to plenum pipe was no longer supported by the aircon pipes so it vibrated on the rad :lol: :lol: .

C

Crazy

:lol: :lol:

No worries then mate :lol: 8)

(I've Ordered the breaker) :wink:

antgtir

Lol, wish all the problems where as easily solved :lol:

Ant.

P.s. glad to hear it wasn't something bad :wink: