Closed Loop

youngsyp

paulb81 said:
Be nice to consistently get 250miles to a tank tho, make the car more pleseant, as well as wanting to use it all the time too !
That's only 22.7 mpg though ?!

I bet if you had the car remapped, you'd get nearer 25 mpg driving around town and 30 odd mpg on a motorway run, using the 'lean at part throttle' phylosophy ?!

PaulB

hope so, its getting done next week.

I only get 180 miles to a tank, but a tank lasts me 2 weeks as its just a second car.

MarkTurbo

When i last hooked up a wideband AFR gauge to my car i found that even just driving around normally i was getting AFR's in the 10's in the mid range and only under light throttle (thats with a standard ecu :shock: ) Thats probably why the fuel consumption is so bad, it seems to chuck loads of fuel in under light throttle and in the mid range where it isnt really needed (unless its just my car :lol: )

Ive never got more than about 20-25 mpg even taking it steady, and it goes down to about 6 mpg when im driving it properly :lol: Ive never worried about it though, it uses what it uses no point worrying about it ;-)

Fusion Ed

Mark I would question weather your lambda sensor is working correctly. If it is not then the AF base trim will not adjust to compensate and basically you will have no open loop. This could be the case for quite a few people here. You can only tell by putting diagnostic stuff on the ecu, and watching to see if its running in closed loop or not.

chrism

Ive been grilled for this before but I can easily get 30MPG,as long as Im not stuck in town traffic too much.Ive taken part in an eco-driving course and was shown how to maximise fuel economy.To save fuel,resourses and the environment.
I bought my R cos its quick and I want it to go quick......sometimes.Not al the time.I have a main car which uses virtually no fuel,but I still demand economy for general usage in my R.
If anyones interested then I can post some of the main points.This should be able to save you money.Imagine having even more cash to throw at your motor!! SSSHHHH,dont tell the missus.

PaulB

Thats probably what our country will make people do to save the planet.

Ed, what part of the diagnostics will tell me if/when its running in closed loop state? I have the datascan to check it with, i imagine it should be, i have just fitted a new lambda, but ive only used 1/4 of a tank since its been put back together.
Hopefully, itl be mapped next week and will run sweet.

Fusion Ed

Look at the lambda/o2 reading when its closed loop i will be going rich-lean-rich-lean etc and the AF Base will most likely be altered and not on 100%