Clio V6 and clio trophy

maz

I swapped a friend of mine for the weekend, he had a Clio V6, and I gave him my R which is modded to 300bhp, he took the R down to the borders and I was all over the place in the V6, i must admit it is a very nice looking car. and you will get people taking pics of it with their phones etc. the interior is lovely with the nice half leather seats an so on. but i will admit when i put my foot down on the accelerator, i squinted a little thinking of how id be pinned to my seat in my R at that time, i think if i never had an R before, i would have loved it. but seein as i do, i just related the whole experience in comparison with the R. when my friend came back from the borders he offered me £6500 for the R and was going to sell the V6. by the time i got the quaife in, he had gone an bought an evo 6 because he said the turbo was such a good feeling.

Keira

maz said:
i must admit it is a very nice looking car. and you will get people taking pics of it with their phones etc. the interior is lovely with the nice half leather seats an so on..

deank93

pulsarboby said:
yes dean, just read pm!
where are you in essex?
if your not far away from me, and you can leave it till next weekend or week after, i will give you a hand to drop it all.
in the meantime, remove the driveshafts and all the necessary bits, and il pop over and drop it all for you, il just do it with a couple of trolley jacks and a big lump of wood (dont need hoist) and it will only cost you a slice of cake and some tea :lol:
but if you cant wait that long, then your more than welcome to borrow the hoist and a trolley to drop it onto
I do have a small problem.....you see i'm one of these people who has no, and i really mean NO idea how to do anything remotely mechanical. To put it into perspective i once had to wire a plug, it took me 30 mins and i had to have my wife check it for me, i really, really don't have a clue!

I'm the bloke who keeps rip off tuners in business. iI honestly would not have a clue where to begin thats why i'm happy to pay the going rate.

Buy the way i went to my friends wedding yesterday and have two slices of wedding cake sitting here ready and waiting.

P

papdog

Have had a Clio V6 in at work which we sold, the suspension bits are pretty expensive as lots of them are rose jointed.Good fun cars to drive though, apart from the wayward handling which does have a habit of biting you

GTi-R23

Not owned one myself, but a mates dad had one, and it was gorgeous, sounded superb if you like V6's, went well, but his more or less burst into flames as he was doing 60mph, and he had to bail big time, scared the sh*t out of him and he has vowed never to own a Renault again, think it was down to an electrical fault in the end, he said he has since heard of a few others with similar problems since his! Allegedly of course, before Renault try to sue me.

cojack

I used to be a technicain for renault and i have to say the clio v6 was a bit of a let down i only ever drove the early one like bobby say they don't feel as quick as it look. And the handaling was a bit shady but it keep's you on your toes lol.

The 172 was a better car i thought but then they brought out the 172 cup now that was a very impressive car and cos it had no abs and lightweight it was very good fun to drive i have been looking at these myself.

R

*Red*

I read the first post and then couldn't be assed to read the next four pages…

Personally, I'd go for the Trophy. I've got a set of friends who own; a V6, a 172, a 182, a trophy, and my boyfriend owns a 172 Cup…! I drove the Cup for the first time at the weekend and actually really liked it. I was under the impression that the Trophy was faster than the v6….?

MORF114

You can always make a car handle and give it more power but it is very hard and expensive to make a car look nice so id go for the v6 that thing looks like a beast that silver one in that video is awsome, nice car to drive on gt3!! the phase 2 clio v6's look 8) in black.

P

pulsarboby

stevepudney said:
The gearbox in that car is awsome :lol:
gotta agree with you there stevie, id love one like that in my R:-D

have to also say that i admire the guys driving style, he seems very smooth and in control of the car (effortless), i would imagine hes a good driver at speed8)

unlike some of these vids ive seen where people are gripping hold of the wheel, as though there life depended on it, and very irratic, where you get the feeling there heading for a ditch, at the first sign of trouble:lol:

deank93

*Red* said:
I was under the impression that the Trophy was faster than the v6….?

Evo mag quotes the V6 0-60 in 5.8 and the Trophy in 6.5/6, i think its pretty close to 100mph at something like 17 secs.

I'm not to fussed about breakneck speed as long as its nippy which they both are, i want something fun, exclusive and nice looking.