cat probe bung

J

jpward

Can anyone tell me the thread & pitch of the probe as i got a goose de-cat which has the sensor hole welded and i need to have the sensor in for mot time or can someone make me one in SS that i can weld on in the others place?

Its about 20-22mm dia X 40mm long and obviously need it drilled and taped to suit ;-)

paz

Why do you need to have it in for mot?

Surely if its a pre 92 or an import, then you don't, and if its post 92 you'll fail without the cat anyway?

paz

A

AJ4

are you sure you need the cat temp sensor in for an mot ?? most people take them off altogether when they ( inevitably ) break and dont have any problems...

J

jpward

Well the cars a 93 and the guys think its been a proformace cat i have on because of the fact the lead is going into it. The mot guys here are weird like that like speedo has to read both km and mph! and 1 even asked me when it was SVA'd and if it was and it had been on the road here like 5 years already hehe muppets SO instead of doing what most people here do and put a cat back on for mot and then off again when you get home i want to just leave it as is even thought the fixings on the goose are SS

A

AJ4

you dont need the cat for the mot and you definately dont need the temp sensor sensor in it, even if they insist you do... Tell them they're all muppets and to go and **** themselves :D

J

jpward

AJ4 said:
you dont need the cat for the mot and you definately dont need the temp sensor sensor in it, even if they insist you do... Tell them they're all muppets and to go and **** themselves :D
Well where does it unplug AJ? never in my 7 years found the plug :?

lakeview

they cant test for the emissions as the pulsar is not listed on the database.it only list the sunny

geetee

That sensor is irrelevant for emissions anyway. If you look at the wiring diagrams it's only linked to the "sizzling sausage" light on the dash.

Supposed to be to stop you parking over dry leaves or tramps when you've been caning it and the cat is at nuclear temps.

Cheers
Graham

J

jpward

geetee said:
That sensor is irrelevant for emissions anyway. If you look at the wiring diagrams it's only linked to the "sizzling sausage" light on the dash.

Supposed to be to stop you parking over dry leaves or tramps when you've been caning it and the cat is at nuclear temps.

Cheers
Graham
I know that but it is to make it look like is a cat rather than a de-cat pipe mot testing is a lot harder in NI! They will retest and retest if they feel like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jpward

we only have a handfull of test centres also so for some people they have to travel over 30 mile mines 13 mile from me! You Mainlanders get it so easy :evil: