Castrol Edge and Edge Sport.

oilman

We are pleased to announce that we now have an expanded range of Castrol Oils in stock including

Castrol Edge 0w-30, 5w-30, 10w-60 (replaces TWS), Edge TD 0w-30 and 5w-40

Castrol Edge Sport 0w-40 (replaces RS) and Edge Sport 10w-60 (replaces RS)

Bike Oils including R4, R2, GPS, GP and a full range of gear oils, brake fluids and workshop items including SRF Brake Fluid.

You'll find the range here and the Club prices in the Members Area.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/performance_lubricants/castrol.aspx

Happy browsing!

Regards
Simon & Guy

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You've previously recommended 10W50 as best for our cars.

You've said 60 is too thick and Nissan don't recommend 0W and only 5W for extremely cold climates.

So are any of the Castrol Edge range any use to us?:doh:

G

GTI-R Kid

Hi oilman

Got a question for you and hope you can help.

Our engine builder recommended that we use a 20W-50 oil in our rebuilt engine. Swore by it and said he was using it in his own road cars that occasionaly went on the track for some abuse too. Based on that I bought 10 litres off him when collecting the engine (not cheap at €50 per 5l) and threw it in once the engine was run in.

We used a 10W-40 mineral oil for the run-in period, and once this was finished put in the 20W-50. Noticed that the engine had much better oil pressure afterwards, up about .5bar on idle. But now the car is due another oil change and I can't find 20W-50 anywhere near me. Is it a rare grade for a fully synthetic oil? One motor factors even told me it was a grade more commonly used for machinery (in mineral derivative) and had no recollection of ever seeing a Synthetic version in this rating.

Have you ever carried this type of oil? Or is it a case of us going for 15w-50 now?