Castle combe again.

red reading

Well took the car out today for a trackday and have finally managed to break it, managed to shear the Mainshaft off at the clutch hub splines! Anyone heard of this before?

i am in contact with par about it and have a spare Mainshaft ready to fit but tbh it's the last thing I would have thought to fail, was all going very well with the few things (details) done over winter to the set up and the like, after shearing a transfer box flange, 4 cv joints previously the last thing expected was this....good job I can fix it easily but makes you wonder if the cases are that weak tbh or if the gear case explosions are more due to shock load from poor launching.

MarkTurbo

Don't think I've ever seen one break there in all my years of owning one so good effort :lol:

Whereabouts on the circuit did it let go? Coming out of a corner, down one of the straights?

makes you wonder if the cases are that weak tbh or if the gear case explosions are more due to shock load from poor launching.
I think the cases are always going to be a weak point on any high power car that gets launched repeatedly but for road/track use where they aren't being subjected to that shock loading they should last.

red reading

On old paddock bend just comming back on boost in third gear, I just coasted to the side of the track after bobbies,

BBYZilla

Really? The mainshaft on the clutch hub splines? Ive never heard of that happening :\ keep us updated on what they say

johnny gtir

Would like to see picture and see what they say. A good effort but a pain when its not the part you thought might brake