car will not start

lakeview

thought id give it one more go before i either smash the car to pieces with a sledge hammer or break it for spares

a few weeks ago the car cut out just as i got to work,had to push it up to were i park though.the next dry day i checked it over and found the lambda sensor had got dislodged from its bracket got caught in the alternator belt pulling it off and looks as if it shorted on the alternator and thats what stalled it
changed the sensor the car still will not start.checked everything that i can think of but it will not start

rob

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
If the alternator wasn't turning, have you got a flat battery?

Is it turning-over on the starter, or not doing anything?

Have you got a spark?

MarkTurbo

And now the serious answer :lol:

Is it showing up any fault codes? Maybe if it did short out its fried the electrics somewhere.

Last edited:

lakeview

no fault codes showing up.the car is turning over just not firing,battery is ok i think well it was the day before it broke down anyway

rob

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
If it's turning-over that suggests the battery is ok doesn't it? - The starter draws a lot more than the ignition system.

I rather suspect that Mark is right; something somewhere has fried. - It must be something non-diagnostic?

wrc

You need to check the basics mate...

1. Are you getting spark?

2. Are you getting fuel?

Murff93GTiR

Had this problem before.car cut out and wouldnt start was getting spark fuel pump was priming fuel was going to the injectors but the injectors wouldnt open to let fuel in.checked injector harness earths replaced injector resistor and conclusion faulty ecu.

wrc

That would make sense with what was described with your lambda / alternator issues.