Car plans for 2013

Mad

What plans / mods do you have for 2013?

Mine are to tidy the bodywork up and to retrim the inside front of the car.

And do some trackdays

kirko

purchase a turbo (any suggestions welcome)
fit and map the motec with my new single throttle body set up
enjoy replacing gearboxes

Mad

So, so far we have
new engine and bigger turbo
audi rs4
Buy a pulsar
New turbo
2012 gtr
interior retrim and bodywork touch up.

I can't see me selling my gtir but a new gtr is very nice. I had a new style rs4 for a year and that was nice too but they do struggle to make the power even with a remap and exhaust. The older turbo ones are a lot more tuneable and have a friend running 600bhp with one and even being very heavy, shifted. I found with the new style you really had to use the whole rev range to get the best out of it but it was a pleasure to drive

MarkTurbo

Sell both competition GTiRs and get a 2012 GTR.
I think that would be the perfect car for what you want ;-) Although that means if you did race it you'd be back in my class and end up beating me :lol:

I'm seriously thinking about just putting the new turbo on my car and not racing it in 2013 and just using it for fun and getting some enjoyment out of it. I enjoy sprinting and hillclimbing but it's a lot of money for no time behind the wheel.

Quite fancy getting into xc mountain bike racing, the fuel costs are low as water and bananas are pretty cheap in comparison to v power :lol:

pulsarmoley

Same as others, get out and do some trackdays. First thing i need to do is find out whether the h/g has failed or i have a cracked head. Either way gonna look into getting some headwork done while its in pieces and see what costs what...

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I had a new style rs4 for a year and that was nice too but they do struggle to make the power even with a remap and exhaust. The older turbo ones are a lot more tuneable and have a friend running 600bhp with one and even being very heavy, shifted. I found with the new style you really had to use the whole rev range to get the best out of it but it was a pleasure to drive
TBH Dan, I CBA tuning a RS4. I might buy a Mitek exhaust, panel filter and remap, but that proberbly would be a slow process over 18 months.

I think I'm just getting old and want something nice out of the box that comfortable and makes a nice noise.
I can stick my mountain bike the the back and go for a session round Grizdale Forest then on the way home do my big shop all in one.

I'm sure I'll change my mind in March and buy an Evo IX MR instead... :doh:

Mad

TBH Dan, I CBA tuning a RS4. I might buy a Mitek exhaust, panel filter and remap, but that proberbly would be a slow process over 18 months.

I think I'm just getting old and want something nice out of the box that comfortable and makes a nice noise.
I can stick my mountain bike the the back and go for a session round Grizdale Forest then on the way home do my big shop all in one.

I'm sure I'll change my mind in March and buy an Evo IX MR instead... :doh:
Lol. I don't blame you. Tuning your car is like taking drugs, you know you should quit but the habit is hard to kick.

First thing is to get rid off my sh*t box fiesta daily for something a bit more suited to a 400+ mile a week commute. Quite fancy a mk1 Audi S3 with some comfy leather recaro's, Bose stereo and climate control (Christ I feel old!)

With the Pulsar I just don't know what will happen, I'd love to have it back on the road this year but with moving house/new job etc. all on the cards already I don't think it will happen. Roll on 2014 :doh:

P

pulsarboby

Sell both competition GTiRs and get a 2012 GTR.
haha sensible move den, without a doubt the best purchase ive ever made, cars still going very nicely and use it every day.
tbh though the my12 model isnt worth the big extra bucks, you would be better off buying a good low mileage my09 and spending a few quid on it to bring her upto svm650 spec with all the my12 updates, itlll only cost you about 5k and youll have an immensely quick car with lots of spare cash in your bin.

pulsar wise.......our plan is to build/setup new car as a track racecar with the procharger etc fitted, possibly looking in to entering the car in the 2014 nippon challenge 400 class with another driver/sponsor who im in discussion with at the moment, so effectively it will be a team with 2 drivers.
if the car and ourselves are ready we may come in as a late entry in 2013 but a lot to sort out first.

dont need a road going loony hothatch any more as im knocking on a bit now and feel a bit of a numpty driving it around on the roads, sick of people looking at me thinking 'he should know better at his age' hense the much more subtle gtr:lol:
will be flogging all the roadcars we have come springtime.

Mad

I wish you lot would shut up with this "I'm getting old thing so buying a Gtr" thing. I'm 40 next year and extremely jealous. :cry:

If work goes well next year I could be very tempted to join the gtr club. 8)

Track days and Nippon challenge sounds good bob. I will be down after your hols to sort the roll cage and other bits

Cheers

P

pulsarboby

lol no more windups about the gtr and age thing then dan but you really should grow old gracefully:lol:

yep will sort it all out in a couple weeks when im back from supping beer and cocktails by the pool......towie style:lol: