Canadian R owners - Do you plan to drive your car this winter?

T

Twitchy

I plan on buying and driving mine this winter. Yes, another Saskatoon R owner up and coming here, more than likely. I thought I'd say hello, introduce myself, and thank the saskatoon boys for answering any and all of my questions, and even coming with me to take a look at the car I plan to buy.

Dooie Pop Pop

Twitchy said:
I plan on buying and driving mine this winter. Yes, another Saskatoon R owner up and coming here, more than likely. I thought I'd say hello, introduce myself, and thank the saskatoon boys for answering any and all of my questions, and even coming with me to take a look at the car I plan to buy.
:thumbsup: top guys by the sounds of it8)

welcome to the club Twitchy:wave:

Fire & skill

Vintage member
judging by the amount of newbs coming from Canada, it won't be long till theres a Canadian section in the regional part of the forum 8)

Studlife

Fire & skill said:
judging by the amount of newbs coming from Canada, it won't be long till theres a Canadian section in the regional part of the forum 8)

i think i've been here the longest anyone care to correct me

steve963

just get some spiked tyres:twisted:

(wating for somebody to correct me as their probably useless on snow:doh: )

T

Twitchy

steve963 said:
just get some spiked tyres:twisted:

(wating for somebody to correct me as their probably useless on snow:doh: )
I'll probably put chains on them, I don't know. Us Canadian's are pretty used to terrible weather, so I might be alright, so long as my tires arn't bald.

Dooie Pop Pop

Twitchy said:
I'll probably put chains on them, I don't know. Us Canadian's are pretty used to terrible weather, so I might be alright, so long as my tires arn't bald.
not like us brits in the UK then:roll: two snowflakes fall and the m25 motorway gets real nasty:lol:

T

Twitchy

Yea, I suppose. I'm really excited about getting this R. That, and once I've paid off the loan, I'll be able to put stupid amounts of money into my baby to make sure she's running at tip top shape. Anyway, I don't know if I'll will be buying this car yet, because Jesse(Canadian R) reminded me to go take it in for a full inspection and specifically, the compression ratio, to see if she is even worth buying.

Sorry, I'm hijacking your thread. Uhm... snow, snow, Canadian, snow, eh, igloo, donut, aboot, snow, tires, snow, hot women, Canada, aboot, eh, snow...... :D

akchang

you silly canadians! don't be scared of the snow. what do you think the AWD is for? i look forward to driving my R in the white stuff.

P

Pascal

I don't know what you guys are fussing about, treating these cars like they're some kinda Ferrari or something. :der: It's an AWD rally car for heaven's sake!?! :doh:

Here's what I do with mine in the winter. For the record I ran it on coilovers lowered at least 2" all winter. Winter tires on 16" Rota Grid wheels last year. And yes I'm in Quebec, I drive this car almost every day, especially if the weather is bad!!

1. Walk over to where car is parked

2. Dig out passenger door enough to crawl in. Clear up behind exhaust.

3. Warm up engine, floor throttle and dump clutch. Voilà. Takes care of shoveling the bloody driveway too.

CanadianR

hahaha awesome pascal.

I'm not afraid nor skeptical to drive my car in winter. what tires did you use though in the winter?

P

Pascal

I was rolling Toyo Garit HT rubber. I had this 16" setup leftover from a previous car... now they're gone though, I haven't picked my next winter tires yet, but I can't wait for cold weather and snow!! :D

matp5

haha I agree! an awd car is perfect for the winter conditions... I got my R last october and the first thing I did is buy winter tires! It's a car, it will rust... might as well enjoy it!

It's really fun to drive in the snow!

:)

Dooie Pop Pop

one good reason for being wary is if you have a front mount intercooler just waiting to have a branch stuck through it:lol:

thanks for the 'how to clear snow from your R' guide ;):lol: