Can someone identify my Turbo

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
You can only really tell from calling the manufacturer with the TAG number or bu opening the turbo and taking some measurements...

Its a standard looking turbo but may very well have modified internals... You just need to find out via methods stated above...

Rishi

hmmm

I thought it was a standard turbo as well. But when it was on the car I drove, it used to fly. I couldn't see no evidence of a boost controller, chip or anything. And AFAIK all the piping was connected as standard. It used to be 1 Bar but when the DET Sensor was changed, it went past 1 Bar.

The car used to boost past 1 bar for some reason and really felt fast. Any ideas?

B

BlackR

how about the wastegate ? i cant tell in english. you see this little box up with the metall going to a valve at the turbo right ?

there is a nut on. if you make the way of this metall lower, the car would open the wastegate later and so you got more boost.

sorry for that worse explantation but i couldn´t do better :D

greets

hmmm

Just had another look at the turbo, and couldn't see now tag number on it.

All i could find was It says Garret A/R .60 M24 on the front. And N5S H3 36J on the other part.

Any ideas?Really need help on this one as I think my current turbo is on the way out and need a replacement so need to identify this.

Last edited:
B

BlackR

i would rebuild your std turbo and do 360 bearings. should be good for 1,6 bar !

B

BlackR

i think so. wich trim does it have on turbine ? afaik it should be a .60 ?

B

BlackR

ok than it would be an 200sx-t28 ! afaik the gtir ones do have the biggest trims on t28 wich would be a .64 ?

i´d also done some search with your number but can´t find anything. google wont give any infos.....

B

BlackR

i thought they were a .64 trim. in fact what i know is that the GTi-R T28 from Garrett does have the biggest trims for this Turbine ! should be .64 ?

P

powerfreack

m24 Is the type of metal used for the casting. Hundreds of turbos uses the exact same thing and they all have "m24" stamped on them. from what i have seen

but it olso maybe a early turbo from a 300zx

but like said before whats the point pissing about just buy a new one or get your old one reconditioned

hmmm

Just got a reply from Turbo Dynamics who said from the piccture it looks like a standard turbo apart fromt he actuator which is possible uprated..