can a AEM widband run as a lamba

luke s

My lamba wording is nakered but I have a AEM wideband fitted iv heard the wire with the 5v output can be wired in to the lamba time?

MarkTurbo

I think most wideband sensors have a simulated narrowband output that would allow you to do this, I know my Innovate has. I thought it was 0-1v although I could be wrong.

I'm not sure how accurate they are compared to the standard sensor though and don't know if being mounted in a different position in the exhaust would give different readings. Also would the ecu show up a fault if you alter the lambda sensor wiring?

luke s

Ok that's a good point I don't want to upset the ecu with too high voltage it looks like Il need to get another lamba

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
What ECU are you running? - I think uprated options like Nistune and the after-market ECUs can use the wideband signal instead, but the standard ECU gets a bit funny about it.

I could be wrong, but I think it's because the car uses a titania probe rather than zirconia. - So it doesn't output a voltage with change in mixture; instead the resistance across the probe changes when voltage (5V?) is applied to it (that's why there's three wires, not two)
As a result a wideband sensor emulating narrowband may not give a signal the ECU recognises.

geoff pine

tried this with a innovation one some years ago? i did it so i could use the wide band with out welding in a second bung hole .the car seamed to develop a running problem it was all ways trying to stall! i was told by some one on here the voltage signal was wrong .