camshaft follower? uni chip!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

if thats the correct name for the bracket that pushes the valves down from the cam, its shattered on the inlet side???????
and with that destroyed my inlet cam, all it says on the cam is 260-11 any ideas whether this could be a hks or even tomei as it has tomei vernier pulleys! all this work was done before i bought the car and like a muppet im the first uk owner so all the history is in japanese. any help would be appreciated.

and aslo has anyone got anything to say about the dastek unichip, as ive had one fitted and ever since had nothing but trouble and not so impressive results!

Moved to tuning - FAST GUY (I thought it was more tuning than servicing)

A

Anonymous

noble motor sport, what kind figures and mods do you have?

Sweeny

Read his sig, but its actually wrong its 342 now :lol: .

He's on standard turbo running 1.1, but has cams in it i think.

A presume you mean Jon Noble Motorsport; My unichip was setup there, and i found them very good.

I got 316bhp and 289lb/ft trq (with my old R)with the same mods as john, Darren who runs the dyno at Noble knows his sh*t and will tell you straight.

Did you ask him why it made sh*t power?

Sweeny

Just read this thread again and :

buzza said:
has anyone got anything to say about the dastek unichip, as ive had one fitted and not so impressive results!
but :

buzza said:
the bracket that pushes the valves down from the cam, its shattered on the inlet side???????
Is this not the reason for "not so impressive results :lol: :lol:, R's have impressive results as standard imho. :D

Sweeny

stevepudney said:
Will the Unichip support a Z32 maf
Well ive got a Q45 MAF set-up on a unichip and the rumours of loosing power etc for fitting an afm thats too big is bo***x, as i gained power! :wink:

daz

mine has a uni chip fitted and mapped by nobles i cant fault it as on powerstations rollers it came out at 315 bhp and 300llb/ft of torque so it cant be bad :)dont forget that it depends on how the rest of your car is set up and whether it all works well together all mine has is standard internals hks filter mongoose (obviously) and the unichip which i thought was bloody good on 1.2 bar :):)

A

Anonymous

mine has tomei 260 cams, apexi air filter, mongoose exhaust and forged pistons with a 2mm head gasket! and with the unichip it still only produced 260bhp