Bumper Guard £83.45

johnny gtir

Nothing is cheap these days less and less getting about a good few are really scuffed now off speed bumps etc. Just look at the parts sections quiet these days

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I would have bought it at £27 (+P&P), but at £76 it's just a bit of aluminium that I don't need.

Maybe if it actually was a sump guard, or an under-body brace I could be tempted to pay.

whytie

I've found ones that have them fitted are usually minted underneath them which is one of the reasons I like them, keeps things clean.

i sold 4 recently but still have a couple left for myself

g9nhy

I think it all a bit a rare parts hype at the moment just let it run it phase like every thing else then nobody will even bother with them
people paying over the top for a piece of aluminium just shows how much sense they have

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I've found ones that have them fitted are usually minted underneath them which is one of the reasons I like them, keeps things clean.
£83 buys a lot of cleaning products, but I agree; they keep the shite out of the engine bay.

vss irvine

its not overpriced, just back to what it should be,

price them from new and your see its not bad.

like anything demand dictates price. long may it last afaic......

pulsar350R

its not overpriced, just back to what it should be,

price them from new and your see its not bad.

like anything demand dictates price. long may it last afaic......

totally agree with you their mate
bare in mind these are a Discontinued item from nissan for a good few years now.
the last time i checked for the price of a new one was well over a 100 nickers

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I think you need to be slightly careful as Nissan made these for all models of the Pulsar to give them a "sporty look" (according to the brochure), so there are two different types; one for FWD, and one for AWD.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Those are more interesting; they're functional! - I did look at that guard Turbinetech made, but it's a dirty-great piece of sheet metal to be hanging on the bottom of the car so I think you'd need to adjust the suspension if you fitted one.

FPSChris

Could do with one. Might have to see about getting it made. Love the clean underside of my daily driver and shiny nuts and bolts. Terrified of smashing my sump as there's always random crap lying in the roads here. Do any of the more recent nissan's have a plastic guard underneath that could possibly fit with a few cuts so I can keep it clean?

The Sunny Gti came with plastic sump guards/ dust/ dirty covers.
Just had to remove mine whislt working on the car this week.
Did the Gtir come with anything like this underneath?