buckled wheel

Mr GTiR

A bit off topic but need help on this one.

I took my misses car in for an MOT and everything was fine until he took a look at the back rim. On one of her alloys she has managed to buckle the rear wheel so on the inside of the rim there is a dent in it. As a result he failed the car :cry:

My question is, if i put on the spare wheel which is a 14" steel would it pass the MOT on the re-test? The rest of the car has 17" alloys.

My mate is in Italy on business at the moment so i can't order a new alloy off him ( i get it at trade price 8) ) to replace it with.

Would the spare by suitable for an MOT even though the other side will have a 17" alloy and the spare is a 14"?? :?

jonesgti_r

if i remember rightly you have to have a matching wheel tyre combination accross an axle :(

but if you found another 14 inch steely with the same size tyre it would pass the mot even though you could have the 17's on the front :?

Shaun

:D Hi guy's,iirc if you put small wheels with big wheels on a car,the bigger wheels have to be on the back of the car :wink:

Mr GTiR

So let me get this right. I would have to put the 17" on the back and 2 14" steels on the front for it to pass.

ki_saj_ng

yo andy,

i thought buckled rims could be sorted nowadays :?

as in the re-furb guys can sort em out, will save u money and also as its on the inside it doesnt really matter how it looks at the end even tho they will fix it up good.

im sure :?

A

Anonymous

Hi,

go to www. wheelsdirect.co.uk, there are many others, but these come to the door

Nigel

antgtir

It must be one bad bad buckle mate as in all my years in the trade carrying out MOT's ive never ever had a car fail on a buckled wheel :?: :? :evil:

Take it somewhere different will only cost another £30 for an mot lol

Ant.

P.s. Agree with the others about the diff size on the same axle etc :wink:

Mr GTiR

antgtir said:
Take it somewhere different will only cost another £30 for an mot
i'm not prepaired to let Mandy run a car with a fuck£d wheel Ant. Would you let Aimee drive a car knowing that one of the wheels was seriousley damaged?

It's only £75 for a replacement alloy as i get them at cost price :wink: