brakes are here!

coxie

my brakes arrived this morning and i fitted them this afternoon so far while im bedding them in they feel awesome...i cant wait to give them some proper stick 8)

coxie

i didnt get them on the group buy thats going on...... :cry: ...so for everything all in it was £770 inc delivery and vat.

this includes rotors,bells,calipers,pads,braided hoses,fitting kit and brake fluid. i got them from rally design i bought these on the advice of a few owners with them.

i did ring another company to compre kit/prices but they couldn't be arsed to answer the phone.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Looks good mate... Which Willwood kit is it...?

e.g HiSpec do Billet4 and Monster4...???

Rishi

J

J-GTi-R

Wilwood don't do a kit in the same way as Hispec, but that kit does use the new Dynalite caliper (the old 'R kit used the Superlite caliper, which doesn't have dust seals).

coxie

they only do two kits as far as i'm aware and they are the 315mm kit and the 285 kit.

my kit uses the midilite caliper which has full dust seals. :D

J

J-GTi-R

Er... it's the midilite caliper... :oops: :oops:

and I should know, being there's a couple bolted to my car :roll:

coxie

wilwood..... hm... :?

what does that mean :?: ive heard bad things about another well known maker :!:

A

AJ4

yeah, dont say that, I've got a set of Willwoods arriving tommorow :shock: ( 285mm's )

J

J-GTi-R

If they are fitted properly you'll be more than happy with the Wilwoods, don't worry.

A

AJ4

Cheers, I've heard they squeal a bit, but I hate it when people write mystic negative comments without giving reasons ;) :D

A

Anonymous

Do the 310mm Wilwoods fit under 16s?

What clearances are needed? I've got wheel spacers if needs be.

Dunc

J

J-GTi-R

Duncan said:
Do the 310mm Wilwoods fit under 16s?

What clearances are needed? I've got wheel spacers if needs be.

Dunc
They should fit, it's usually the side of the caliper fouling the back of the spokes on your alloys that causes problems. Certainly radius wise you'll be fine.