bosh o44 fuel pump?

S

str_motorsport

i t seems that my walbro unit is fautly, so i think i will fit a bossch motorsport 044 fuel pump...which is the full part number of this pump?
in tank or external?
thanks
David

I

Innovate Performance

here is the part nunmber for the 044 you should be able to mount it in the tank, but we normally run them as an exturnal pump.

Part number - 0580 254 044

S

str_motorsport

thanks for the info!!!is it better to fit it in the tank or outside?
if outside will it be noisy?what about petrol smell?
it will need braided fuel lines?

I

Innovate Performance

You will only get a petrol smell if you get a fuel leak.

If you mount the pump out side the tank you will need a swirl pot and a lift pump in the tank.

Unless you put a pickup at the bottum of the tank for a fuel line to go from and use gravity to feed the pump with fuel.

I would use braided fuel lines as they are harder wareing.

S

str_motorsport

i think it will be easuer to fit in the tank!!!where can i find one?at which price?
thanks
David

I

Innovate Performance

You could run the intake of the pump off the ome fitting on the tank and then put a new stainer in the tank that bypasses the old pump which would allow you to external mount the pump with out the need of a swirl pot.
May work i have never tried it

MarkTurbo

I thought the 044 was external only too :wink:

Innovate Performance said:
You could run the intake of the pump off the ome fitting on the tank and then put a new stainer in the tank that bypasses the old pump which would allow you to external mount the pump with out the need of a swirl pot.
Surely the pump wouldnt just suck the petrol up without priming :?:

I cant see that set up working unless you had some kind of non return valve in the intake.

Could be wrong though :wink:

I might be stating the obvious here but why not just get a new walbro :lol: :lol:

Tony

I thort th 044`s pick up is the complete end of the pump!!!! thus meaning it has to be submerged!!!!

Tony....

I

Innovate Performance

MarkTurbo said:
I thought the 044 was external only too :wink:

Innovate Performance said:
Surely the pump wouldnt just suck the petrol up without priming :?:

I cant see that set up working unless you had some kind of non return valve in the intake.

Could be wrong though :wink:

I might be stating the obvious here but why not just get a new walbro :lol: :lol:
O44 are external only :oops: ,

But there is a internal version but not sure if it would work on the r's.

Dont know if the other :idea: would work as i have never tried it.

Using another walbro would be the easy option. :)

I

Innovate Performance

Tony said:
well i might invest cos i can get those babies for under £60!!!!!

Tony....
Which babies the 044 or the walbro :?:

Tony

well their the same part no as above and Si has 1 fitted in tank!! it is as i described with a full gauze bottom!!!

Tony....

Tony

thats the 1 m8!!!!!!!!

i tried to see if peeps wanted a group buy ages ago but no1 was interested!!!!

i`m gonna get 1 of these soon so i may still try and get a group buy going again!!!!

Tony....

S

str_motorsport

let me know i am intrested in one!!!if it is the 044 in tnak version i will get one!!
going for the walbro would be easier, but i already got one that is faulty....