boosting problem!!!!

B

BFMurphy

Can anyone help, i have just bought mr gti-r about a month ago. since i bought it i have tested the lambda sensor and it was faulty and it cured my missfire on low revs, the other problems i have are:

when it comes on boost it splutters and i have to dip the clutch and launch it to get it to go and it still missfires an bit.
it also missfires when i try to drive normally with the engine cold, until the lambda sensor is warm

and also the power steering has gone. there are no leaks whatsoever and there ae no odd noises. just heavy steering.

can anybody help?
cheers Brian.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What boost are you running?

Do an ECU fault check and let us know what code if any comes up.
Check you don't have any boost leaks. (split/loose hoses etc)
Make sure the boost line from the plenumn to the wastegate actuator is there connected and not split.
Check your spark plugs are ok and gapped correctly.
Check the maf is working properly.
Do a compression test :?

B

BFMurphy

I have replaced the plugs 2 days ago, the fuel filter is new, there are no boost leaks and i have regrounded the maf. i dont think it is a compression fault cos i raced my brothers audi tt 185 bhp and beat that but it spluttered loads. the fault code is 55 all clear.

i was thiking ofjust changing the det sensor. but hear its a little hard.

Keira

would've though det sensor would show its code

fuel pump could be on its out way it or an ignition fault :?: :?:

I

Innovate Performance

If you misfire when under load then you may have your coil braking down under load or even a ifey plug lead.

B

BFMurphy

how much is a fuel pump is it worth getting an uprated one. i want around 280 bhp in the future.

Keira

fuel pump definately worth doing, walbros can be purchased from numerous people on her for about £100 or if you know what one you want they're less from the states

B

BFMurphy

after reading through some of the lder topics, i noticed that some people mention a bleed valve, which can bypass the boost solenoid. can i check this as i have a bleed valve fitted.but i just screwed it in all the way in case some one tried o just turn the boost up to get more power.