boost

6Miester

S-GTI-R said:
wots the most boost i can hav with stock internals guyz?
Hi, Can anybody help?

Whats the most boost i can have with stock internals?

Thanks.

:roll:

S

stokie1

think that most is 1.6 bar, but not too reliable

not sure what the AWD gtir is running

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
stokie1 said:

I ran 1.6bar for over a year... no problems at all... when i took the engine apart it was in perfect condition... so much so that AWD bought my old pistons for their car... :wink:

Rishi

BenD

S-GTI-R said:
what you want mate is to get a cheap bleedvalve, and wind it right out like i did, i was ell impressed when i was running 3.6 bar, it flew i tell ya :shock: :shock: :shock:

A

AJ4

standard 200SX engines have been known to run over 450 / 500 bhp, thats got to be over 1.6 bar... :shock:

S

S-GTI-R

im gonna be sellin my stock t28 turbo if any1 interested jus let me no :)

Fire & skill

Vintage member
RishiGTiR said:
I ran 1.6bar for over a year... no problems at all... when i took the engine apart it was in perfect condition... so much so that AWD bought my old pistons for their car... :wink:

Rishi

what turbo were you using at the time?

Keira

BenD said:
S-GTI-R said:
what you want mate is to get a cheap bleedvalve, and wind it right out like i did, i was ell impressed when i was running 3.6 bar, it flew i tell ya :shock: :shock: :shock:
ben your such a mong :roll: , you dont need to waste you money on no fancy bleed valve :roll: just disconnect the hose going to the actuator and you will be able to run as much boost as you underpants can handle :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

buffalobilla

RishiGTiR said:
stokie1 said:

Rishi
did u run that boost on a stock turbo? :?
and did u get the car set up to 1.6 bar?

Rishi

buffalobilla said:
RishiGTiR said:
stokie1 said:

Rishi
did u run that boost on a stock turbo? :?
and did u get the car set up to 1.6 bar?

Yes on the stock turbo for most of the time then on the GT2540 for a while...

for the stock turbo i was on the APEXi S-AFC, then the Power FC PRO for the GT2540

Rishi

buffalobilla

so if my SAFC is set up for 1.0bar and ive just got a front mount and a GT28RS turbo, will i have any probs if i slap up the boost to 1.6bar?

Rishi

buffalobilla said:
so if my SAFC is set up for 1.0bar and ive just got a front mount and a GT28RS turbo, will i have any probs if i slap up the boost to 1.6bar?

NO!... You need to map it for 1.6bar... Don't just turn the boost up...

Rishi

Keira

it costs what it costs to get a car tuned correctly,

if you dont want to spend the money and cant do it yourself dont bother playing around with them, its better to get it done properly than blow it up and whinge you need another engine :cry: .