Boost

A

Anonymous

I would like to increase the boost of the car to 1 bar. In order to do this what other car modifications will i have to do and what will it cost me. By how much will this increase the bhp?

bengilmore

To be really safe, you need:

uprated fuel pump
Fuel controller
boost controller
uprated clutch

you could use a bleed valve etc, instead of boost controller, but boost controller is better

do a search and u will find lots of info on going to 1 bar :D

A

Anonymous

So will i also have to do these mods when using a bleed valve?

geetee

For one bar (using a bleed valve or electronic controller) you don't necessarily need anything else.

The clutch will wear out fairly quickly and require replacing.

As for the fuel pump and controller, the only way to know is to get the car on a rolling road and make sure it is not leaning out. Which you should do anyway even when you have the uprated fuel pump and fuel controller on as you will need to check the setup of your fuel controller.

I've been running 1 bar for over a year on a bleed valve with none of the other stuff and it is all fine. The clutch is now fooked and I've just uprated the fuel pump as I am going for more boost soon and want the peace of mind.

I'm not planning to fit a fuel controller as I think it should be OK on the standard fuel map up to about 1.2 - 1.3 bar but I will be getting it RR'd to make sure.

New clutch and Greddy Profec B going on soon 8)

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

A

Anonymous

can this post be locked now as we don't want to be going thru the same thing over and over again :(

and as for the mongs that have posted on this topic above.......you want locking up :evil:

J

John Mc

oap-r said:
and as for the mongs that have posted on this topic above.......you want locking up :evil:
:lol: :lol: ROFL, that is a quality comment :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

bengilmore said:
ye well i did tell him to do a search
only after you told hin exactly what he'd need for the millionth fcukin time :evil:

Keira

you've been spending to much time talking to rob :lol:

agree though it has come up many times before :roll:

A

Anonymous

kieron said:
you've been spending to much time talking to rob :lol:
i taught him all he knows,that's why he knows ferk all :lol:

kieron said:
agree though it has come up many times before :roll:
only 7 fcukin times this month and oct isn't finished yet :shock: i'm sure it'll come up another couple of times before the end of the month :evil:

pete-r

maybe we should make him stand against the wall and shoot him in the legs for asking questions that have already been asked :wink: that,d teach him :!:

and the mongs that posted above ,lets strap PE to them and blow them up :!: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

pete-r said:
maybe we should make him stand against the wall and shoot him in the legs for asking questions that have already been asked :wink: that,d teach him :!:

and the mongs that posted above ,lets strap PE to them and blow them up :!: :lol: :lol:
bloody good idea :lol: :twisted: anyone ever asked you to become a mod :?: you'd def get mine and rob's vote :lol: :twisted:

A

Anonymous

anny316 said:
Maybe we should show you a gun. Anybody can talk.
maybe you should try a search thru the archives before asking questions that have been asked a million times before :evil:

J

John Mc

anny316 said:
Maybe we should show you a gun. Anybody can talk.
What gun have you got then mate? Let's have a look :lol: :lol:

A lot of people can't talk! or read it seems :wink: :p

mattygti-r

personaly i think u should insure it first which ivery much doubt wont happen but call me my cynical

then talk about what mods you want

if you cant afford insurance on one then you prb cant afford the running costs, increase £s going to 1bar