boost issue

huu-raa

hi last night i was out in the R and it was freezing around -2 lol car was boosting ok all night, then the new audiTT came along aside me so i went to play as you do, but i kept it in top gear 5th and git to between 4-5k in boost and it hesitated so i backed off .
then i tried it againi in 5th at done the same i was like something aint right here

so once closer to my home i gave it a liittle boost in 3rd not all the way to red line but it didnt hesitate .

anyone any idea wot is up?

zxczxc

ive had 3 r's now and every one ay some point has hesitated at full load

when you in 5th you'll have to hold full throttle down for longer so theres more chance of a missifre

3rd gear will be over quicker so less chance if you get what i mean

mine was doing it other day fine in 1st 2nd 3rd about 4k revs it would miss fire

could be a thousand things but start with the likes of plugs this made mine better

just outta curiosity you say 3rd was fine and 5th mis fired what did 4th gear do???

huu-raa

i was think cause it was so cold the boost would have crept a bit n hit boost cut?

im thinking of changing the plug n leads over xmas wot should i use? denso ik22's or ik24's with the magnicor leads

houghy_1

huu-raa said:
i was think cause it was so cold the boost would have crept a bit n hit boost cut?

im thinking of changing the plug n leads over xmas wot should i use? denso ik22's or ik24's with the magnicor leads

Standard leads are fine up to 400bhp
But if you want magnicor then thats personal choice.

If your running a bar of boost then go for Denso IK24's...and a walbro;-)

Matt

huu-raa

right was out in car today tried it in 3rd gear this time and hesitated then cleared and rev's up to red line.....
last time it done it iwas like it didnt wana rev when it hesitated

so do we still think it could be plugs?

A

Angus.mac

hi there buddy

i suggest get plugs and leads
thats what happind with my gsi turbo

the cold isent to blame
wen it cold my boost is good

u r better check ur fuil pump.
my car used to do that till i put the walbro 255
thats what i would do as u dont have a recet for it
good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

huu-raa

pulled no.4 plug out and turned out it allready had denso IK24 plugs!! ;-) quite oily tho from wot ive read up this aint too bad and it does look like the rocker cover spark plug seals , so ill replace them when i put new rocker cover on .
the electrod is brown/black should be ok?
do you think i should get a compression test done?

A

Angus.mac

hi there

that sounds bad. u have spent alot of money on the car jo u should sell it
it sounds like problem after problem get rid of it now before ur bulk head gets worse :doh:

huu-raa

bulk head aing going yet .... got a support bracket before it does tho ;-)
aint problem after problem this is the 1st issue i had so its off for a tune up on thurs !! yeah

A

Angus.mac

no i whas there jo

when duncan told u to keep an eye on it so it dusent get worse cose its starting to split
dont kide ur self on jo

huu-raa

na he said its common fault keep an eye on it its a little corroded thats all but if it does split itll just get welded up

anyways in on thurs for a tune up check timming ect so see how we get on ;-)

A

Angus.mac

thats a bad sign jo cording inside ur car !

have u had a look under ur steering column jo i think u shoud ha ha . lol

huu-raa

already checked and so has duncan again no splitting on inside just corroded on outside as that where the weather hits lol all good

huu-raa

hullo right done the fault check on diagnostic mchine came back ''knock sensor '' so i reset the fault and all is good the now a 0.6bar not turned it back up yet hehe .
does that mean th knock sensor is gubbed? or the it was triggered cos the boost was spiked too high and that wot held the car back when on boost?