Boost Controller Advice

hmmm

I am looking for a new Boost Controller so just needed some adice before I go out and spend :lol:.

I am currently choosing between the Greddy Profec B 2 and HKS EVC 5 . Which is the better one to go for? or are there any other to consider?

I have heard of problems with the Apexi AVCR :?.

Thanks again ;-).

niklock1

GIZMO do a cheap one apparently that is good just dont have all the screens and tuning bits but hey.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

Evc 5 with out a dout its the best one out there but cost a bomb , but the profect b 2 is just as good id say,
it cant be that bad as a lot of the BIG powered cars in the uk and in japan use it.

D

DOT2DOT

My pal does a lot of work mapping and setting up etc. He told me the same about the AVCR, said he now refuses to work with them. His reckoning is that the Blitz units are good, but says nothing beats the EVC's. Told me that the EVC4 is as much as i'd need and that there isnt that much of a benifit going for a 5 anyway apart from looks. So i saved a few quid and bought an evc4.

hmmm

How long does it take to set up an AVCR as compared to a Greddy Profec b 2? As i'll need someone to set it up for me properly once I buy one.

ashills

profec B is very easy and setting up is mainly just setting teh boost level and the over boost warning
alot of big power tuner cars use a profec B and they have a choice of any

J

justin666

To be quite honest the AVCR isnt that bad. Yes it could be simplier but its all very logical imho :) I had mine in, setup and holding a bar within 2 hours start to finish. Its just a case of setting up a couple of sensors, how you want the system to read and monitor, then target boost and then duty. Thats it, basic setup done :) The AVCR does give you lots of advanced options tho like individual gear and rev based boost so you can really fine tune the boost curve if required :) I like um .

N

Ninja_tune_factory

there only one small problem with the AVCR now that Apexi have gone bust, iv bin trying for 2 weeks now to get a order of AVCR to me but the companys in japan just dont want to sell there parts also the price are goin to go up as stocks are low out there ,

if you want one now DONT get if from ebays as there have in a lot of fake AVCR`s sold on there as well.

so if your goin to buy one now look out for what your buying

O

Odin

Ninja_tune_factory said:
if you want one now DONT get if from ebays as there have in a lot of fake AVCR`s sold on there as well.

I just bought my limited black AVC-R from ebay and had no problems at all, And it's deffernatly not a fake:roll: , So you think we should only buy from a UK company's then lionel ?, Thats ok if you like getting robbed blind:evil: .

If your buying off ebay just make sure you deal with a well known company that has a good ratting, Oh and use a credit card because that will give you even more options if anything goes wrong;-) .

Rob

hmmm

Do you guys leave the Boost Controllers on display when you park up? Or do you unplug it and take it inside with you like a Face Off Head Unit?

Seems a bit risky to me to leave something like an AVCR on show :?.

Last edited:
J

justin666

hmmm said:
Do you guys leave the Boost COntrollers on display when you park up? Or do you unplug it and take it inside with you like a Face Off Head Unit?

Seems a bit risky to me to leave something like an AVCR on show :?.
Depends where ya put it in the first place ;-) and ya cant really take them out once they are in as you have wires and all sorts spliced into your ECU. There are plenty of places you can put boost controllers so they are kinda out of site or atleast not so noticable. Mine on the other hand are stuck up in the window :-D 8) 8) Great to use and see up there but very obvious from the outside. :?

J.

hmmm

That's the thing. It's a bit hard to put the AVCR out of the site. I just wouldn't feel comfortable parking the car up anywhere when I go out if the AVCR was blinging away. Same thing as leaving your head unit in the car in my opinion.

Unless you could stick it in the Blovebox, then move it out on to the dash when driving ?

N

Ninja_tune_factory

Rob i not saying only buy from uk companys im just saying look at what your buying off ebay as there are lots of fake AVCR flying about at the monet due to apexi goin bust , also the apexi turbo timers as well .

cheers Lionel.

Fazz

Have an AVCR and works perfect and very useful.

Good to tune and two stage is easy to use imo.

Also looks very good and expecially with the SAFC.

Mine are both mounted at top of windscreen which is the best for checking and viewing, and for hiding. No one ever see's them until sitting inside. You can actually put the sun visor down to cover them also if you wish - and outside visor/strip to cover that end also..

Mus tpost a pic up soon as I get hosted on site.