booost

alan XFS

i dunno what power it has..i know the turbo is bigger than standard as i have a standard one also :) then i recon the only other mods are the dump valve n induction kit, exhaust , b&m quick shift and a mines ecu....the old engine was definetly quicker than the one in it now. But its not bothering me as my shell is mint :)

MarkTurbo

hi all recently got a pulsar and had to put a new engine in it also switched to a mines ecu. After doing so my car is going clean off the standard boost gauge
It doesn't take much to max out the standard boost gauge as it only reads to a bar, get a decent one before you do anything else ;-)

you join a forum to get help wae stuff so what use is it when you get folk telling you absolute pish?
The best advice i can give you is not to believe everything you read on the internet as there is a hell of a lot of crap out there, its the same on all forums ;-) You'll find something gets posted then other people assume its correct so will repeat it and so on, bit like chinese whispers :lol:

The best example was when somebody decided years ago that you could only run 1 bar on standard gti-r internals, i can't remember how many times i've seen that rubbish repeated over the years :der:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I think that's based on looking at the map and someone deciding that anything more than 1 bar is probably off the top of it, but as it's not a MAP sensor that's not the right way to look at it.

MarkTurbo

I think that's based on looking at the map and someone deciding that anything more than 1 bar is probably off the top of it, but as it's not a MAP sensor that's not the right way to look at it.
What are you on about now, i never even mentioned anything about fuelling or ecu maps :lol: I was talking about the engine internals, pistons etc ;-)

P

pulsarboby

yep youve lost me georgey lol
you been smoking the ganga again:lol:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Sorry, I thought this was about not being able to run more than 1 bar with a standard ECU... then it was 1.2 bar... then it was 1.4 bar.... then the people who said 1.4 bar was fine had to rebuild their engines.

That's your Chinese whispers at work I guess...

johnny gtir

okay thanks for some sense...oon the other hand ....PR!CKS....you join a forum to get help wae stuff so what use is it when you get folk telling you absolute pish?
just laugh it off annoying as it is.we have all been there weather we admit it or not. I have posted, asked and repeated my fair share of S+=T on the forum. But you learn as you go fix things your self more and more i now do everything my self as alot of the garages are clueless and rough.There are also some very cleaver people on here who come across as aragant wa+kers but really are not.I personally hate the search function and google i seem to find everything when i am not looking for it when i do want to find info i can not.Must admit now mind when you do things your self or use the forum often for a year or two and know things it is annoying or a boring read newby's all ask the same things which have been covered to the extreme and are all over both forums.I never thought i would say that been there my self thinking i only asked the question i dont know. PS this is not a asault aimed at you just a message in general

Last edited:

vss irvine

alan as i said get the fuelling and ignition timing checked just now, then take it easy on the car until we get all the vacuum hoses re-done and sorted out.

ill do the full health check for you as we discussed, just keep it in one piece till i get home!

alan XFS

its still im one peice the now matey...im away on holiday for a week on sat and during the week im away my mums boyfriend (who is self employed mechanic ) is going to check that stuff out for me :)