booost

alan XFS

hi all recently got a pulsar and had to put a new engine in it also switched to a mines ecu. After doing so my car is going clean off the standard boost gauge. I am considering doing the one bar loop but is that a bad decision since its already going clean off that scale? Or do i not pay attention to the standard gauge and just get my after market one? any help is much appreciated :)
just incase it makes any difference im running a dakar top mount, a t28 turbo , blitz induction kit with a forge dumpvalve and my pistons are bigger than standard but i cant remember exactly what size they were.
Thanks Alan:doh:

alan XFS

vss irvine (martyn) is gonna give it a good look over when he is back from off sea's :) will i be fine running it till he is back in 4weeks aslong as i keep it sensible?

Murff93GTiR

This is entierly upto yourself mate but im in dundee.im not as knowledgeable as vss irvine but i do know a bit about them and woild glad have a look at it to give u a bit of piece of mind till he geta back then he can have a good proper look at it?

alan XFS

seemingly its 27 row top mount rather than 21 row :S im not sure but i have been told by several people its the dakar version. and yeah we connected a vacum to the actuator.

Spikey

So is it an ARC one?

Well on the other hand i have heard that there might be a few Different Top mount Inter coolers.
Maybe we should do a thread on what types there are...

alan XFS

i honestly couldnt tell you :( but it would be good to find out how many different types of top mounts there are.

Spikey

That'd be Shroom winding the new guy up...

Dakar eddition = myth
HKS eddition = myth
Nismo eddition = real
Autech eddition = real

I'm happy to be proven wrong.
The only top mount intercooler i know of is the Calsonic and the ARC one.
Not sure what the NME Cars used...

P

pulsarboby

lol hes winding you up matey

arc is 14 row bar cooler
there is also a german one which is similar to arc which is also 14 row

basically if it has calsonic on it then its stock, unless someones fitted one off a transit van or something then yours is deffo not an upgrade

alan XFS

okay thanks for some sense...oon the other hand ....PR!CKS....you join a forum to get help wae stuff so what use is it when you get folk telling you absolute pish?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
okay thanks for some sense...oon the other hand ....PR!CKS....you join a forum to get help wae stuff so what use is it when you get folk telling you absolute pish?
In fairness, if you'd read the specifications in the FAQs section you'd know:

Misnomers:

"DAKAR" - the name Dakar is sometimes used (mainly in UK) in reference to the RB,
but that name DOES NOT appear in any official texts or anywhere on the cars,
and the car was never entered in the famous rally by that name.
IF ANYONE CAN PROVIDE ANY INFO/EVIDENCE TO PROVE OTHERWISE PLEASE LET US KNOW.

"HKS" - Contrary to some links on the 'net - there was never an HKS version (or HKS promo car).

P

pulsarboby

dont worry about it fella.....its this forum banter thing just take it in your stride but does pay to do some searching yourself before posting stuff, think yourself lucky that one of the old skool mob never cottoned on to it as their quite brutal with taking the piss with newbies lol

i saw your thread on that car and tbh i think all you have there is a completely stock car with a few bits added on......reciepts or not i would take it with a pinch of salt as to what its got and hasnt got and the dubious power it made.

start from scratch (build your engine up) rip the endcase off the box whilst its out and take a pic of gearset and i or someone else will tell you if its a quaife or not (which i doubt) if not but its all in good nick then just bolt it back on again, at least that way youll know what youve got or havent got