Big end problem

hi all, i have my engine sitting out on the work bench....again, with the big end gone for the second time. I now know for a fact that grinding and polishing the crank will NOT solve the problem!
I am looking for advice, i was thinking of getting a 180sx crank and conrods and fitting them to my Gtir, because from what i gather they dont give very much big end trouble??!!? Does anybody know if this will work or not! is there anyway of solving the bottom end problem? Any advice or tips would be much appreciated!! Thanks

GTiR-Aholic

Sorry to hear that bud.. I ain't too sure on the 180sx parts but definitely if that was a viable option it would have been tried on here..

If you decide you want to go fully forged or a replacement, I've got 2 engines out and ready.. (1 standard from a 94 m-reg) and the other is sr24det.

See my breaking thread ;)

stumo

hi all, i have my engine sitting out on the work bench....again, with the big end gone for the second time. I now know for a fact that grinding and polishing the crank will NOT solve the problem!
I am looking for advice, i was thinking of getting a 180sx crank and conrods and fitting them to my Gtir, because from what i gather they dont give very much big end trouble??!!? Does anybody know if this will work or not! is there anyway of solving the bottom end problem? Any advice or tips would be much appreciated!! Thanks
sounds like you've either got an oil pressure problem or you didn't get the conrods checked and machined/replaced last time your engine went pop.