best ecu

celicaGT4st205

An ECU is only as good as the mapper.

As for features, the Power FC Pro is best for ££££.

But the ECU's like Motec, DTA Fast, Link, Emerald, Hydra Nemesis, Autronic etc.. all have quality features but are more expensive.

The Power FC has been used on cars with over 1000bhp and that get 9's on the 1/4mile. The Power FC also doesnt need any wiring in, it plugs straight in.

I know Ian Smith who owns this gt4 http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41021 got rid of his motec and replaced it with the hydra nemesis because he feels that it is a better ecu with more features. It also has closed loop knock control. And its cheaper than the motec.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Personally, having just sold my Power FC, I now consider I have moved up by choosing the E-Manage Ultimate.
Studying the literature that comes with the Greedy package, for the money you get loads more features than you do with the ageing Apexi technology, more mapping points in the injector and ignition scales. Controls for water injection and NOS are also an option.

Looking forward to getting it fitted and mapped on the 1st July

Steve

cmng

Well
you all keep forgeting Haltech
if you all realise
Haltech E8 come with plug and play for GTiR already
you need to do MAP sensor wiring and Air Temp wiring only

and you can DIY the tuning your self at laptop comparing with Apexi which you need FC DATA LOGIT or APEXI software

overall Haltech package is more attractive option comparing with Power FC
since both price is almost same price range

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I'm sure the Power FC in the right hands is a more than adequate ECU but there only a handful of people in the UK that I'd trust to map it and none live near me.

Which is why I bought the E-Manage Ultimate.

You can have he maddest, most tunable, feature laden ECU in the world but it's just a box of wires unless you have someone who can do a really good job mapping it.
Theses even less professionals that can map he Haltech in the UK than there are for the Power FC.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
stevepudney said:
I'm sure the Power FC in the right hands is a more than adequate ECU but there only a handful of people in the UK that I'd trust to map it and none live near me.

Which is why I bought the E-Manage Ultimate.
Isn’t the E-Manage Ultimate just a piggyback system that changes the electronic signals to your existing ecu, where the PFC is a whole new ecu, or is the new E-manage system a replacement for your existing ecu?

Also been told that GEM’s are a decent ecu to use?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Yes the E-Manage ultimate is still a piggy back, so you still have your standard ECU but thats the good bit as far as I'm concerned as it leaves all the factory settings alone. So you always have a good factory base map in place.

When the Power FC was fitted and mapped to my car there was always something not quite right about it which was almost definately to do with the way it was mapped. That was my problem, there was nobody I would trust to map it living/working close enough. Where as I have Micra Edd living a few miles away who has worked wonders with the E-Manage kits in others cars.

Also worth remembering that the Power FC is only really an entry level stand alone ECU and is now at least 6 year old technology.
The E-Manage Ultimate software is far more sophisticated with as many if not more features than the Datalogit software for the Power FC.

maz

much u get the emanage ultimate for steve? its sounding more appealing the more u post

rayman75

i would recommend the ultimate, as i have been told mine is the one of the 1st in the country to have one up and running in a R. it has made a hell of a difference to my car, i have orderd a map sensor which edd is going to fit and map when he gets back from holiday.

i think one of the things why the powerfc is so popular is that alot of tuners no how to map them, and they dont like mapping anything else that there not familar with.

i was told by a certain tuner that one of his customers had a ultimate, he said it was shit etc. then he sold him a £700 powerfc.

i think steve bought it from this place http://www.mohdparts.com/ and got it for a very good price.

but before you get one make sure there is a tuner local to you who is confident on how to map it.

i travel about 2hrs for edd to do mine.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Motec, AEM(GEMS), Autronics are the top line in my opinion... But they are only as good as the person setting it up... Common problems people tend to suffer from are poor idle, cold starts and generally the little niggly things that have been perfected on the std ECU...

For that reason you its easier to get a decent map with the piggyback units... Map the car up and you'll find all the start up features will come from the STD ECU...

Rishi

B

BlackR

i´ve a question about the blue emanage (not the ultimate one ! ).

does anyone have a map for about 1,2 bar of boost @ 550cc injectors ?

in austia there´s no way to get a blue emange mapped, cause uprating cars like this wouldn´t be prefered by all those rice-boys :D

can anyone help me ?

i´ve got => uprated std turbo, moongoose turboback, 550cc, walbro, z32afm (not fitted yet), uprated pistons,

i want to drive about 1-1,4bar of boost....not too much, i don´t want to blow the enigne twice :D

greets