Best Actuator for 2 bar 3071

Just wondering what is the best actautor for 2 bar i want to run a bit less and crank it up on boost controller.
i currently have a forge one fitted thats always struggled and just got of the phone to forge they say they dont make one that can reliably hold two bar?
cheers joe

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'm a little surprised by that, but perhaps they think you're in external wastegate territory?

They was saying the only spring they sell thag can hold that boost cant get coil bound and be unreliable.
im suprised aswell to be honest

Not to worry just got of the phone to edd hes advised me 2 bar is pointless and the 1.4 bar spring is plenty for boost i need with controller:)

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Just to check, do you want a 1 bar actuator or a >1bar actuator. I used a 1bar actuator on mine with a boost controller to take it to 1.9Bar. The actuator came with the turbo from Owens I think?

Just to check, do you want a 1 bar actuator or a >1bar actuator. I used a 1bar actuator on mine with a boost controller to take it to 1.9Bar. The actuator came with the turbo from Owens I think?
I dont know what you mean mate?
Basicly i want an actautor that will run say 1.5 bar and i can up it for a to say 1.9 for a bit of high boost occasionally.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Get something like a 1bar actuator and an Apexi Avcr to adjust the boost, that could give you for example 1bar (off) 1.5bar (low) 1.9bar (high)

Ive got a forge actuator on at present im going to put a 1.4 spring in and i already have a hks controller so hopefully ill get the boost im trying to achieve.
cheers joe

stumo

Get the dual actuator parts off Forge and run a AMS-500 boost controller, you can run any spring you want (for when the AMS is turned off), you then have 2 boost settings up to 40psi in 1psi steps. You don't have to work out duty cycles, percentages of boost, overshooting the target pressure etc and no boost controller is faster than the AMS.