backbox to straight through??

Sam_M

Ive just got my exhaust system back on which has a Kakimoto backbox, and it is quiet, but this is what I wanted for any long journeys plus if I have a client call me I can actually speak on the hands free without having a ROARRRR in the background, but I was thinking my old Hyper medallion with knackered baffles has a 4" or 5" slash tip, I could get this fabricated to obviously bypass having the silencer and have it join as a straight through pipe to the middle pipe over the read beam. Takes about 5-10mins to change the back box anyway, so this would work well as a straight through, and if I get fed up with a quiet car or vice versa its a very simple swap.

Has anyone had a tail end exhaust fabricated to join onto the middle pipe in this way? I should imagine it would work very well.

O

Odin

Sam_M said:
Ive just got my exhaust system back on which has a Kakimoto backbox, and it is quiet, but this is what I wanted for any long journeys plus if I have a client call me I can actually speak on the hands free without having a ROARRRR in the background, but I was thinking my old Hyper medallion with knackered baffles has a 4" or 5" slash tip, I could get this fabricated to obviously bypass having the silencer and have it join as a straight through pipe to the middle pipe over the read beam. Takes about 5-10mins to change the back box anyway, so this would work well as a straight through, and if I get fed up with a quiet car or vice versa its a very simple swap.

Has anyone had a tail end exhaust fabricated to join onto the middle pipe in this way? I should imagine it would work very well.

I'm just about to send my car off for a full 3" system to be made and fitted, But a quiet one ;-) , With extra boxes as I'm sick to death of the droning coming from the bl00dy thing on long trips......

I don't see the point in wanting to attract attention to yourself all the time, It only brings the plods down on your back, And p1sses off your neighbors :doh:

Rob

Sam_M

Unfortunately not Darren, I had to cut it off as both flanges were rotten :cry:. The rest of the pipework is absolutely fine, so I was really suprised how bad the condition of the flanges were, middle pipe had a really bad crack were the flange was, and I could poke a screwdriver though with ease.

Animaldaz

oh well, was just thinking if you had a flange that could be welded to the bypass pipe it would make things alot easier .