B/E or Full Engine :-(

DanValv3r

ok found out the problem with my first R

the conrod has snapped, smashing the piston and the conrod has gone through the side of the block so theres a nice big hole there :cry:

i cant afford anything yet as im absolutly broke but as soon as i get some cash flowing i will be after one!!!!

what sorta prices am i lookin at??? pref standard and cheapest

GTiR_Mic

Price just depends on how good an engine you want mate.

PM Pulsarboby and he will be able to help you out.

Mic

DanValv3r

kool cheers mate

theres a bloke on ebay selling 2 engines and would consider spliting!!!

have now decided im gonna repair it then sell it on again as i wanna buy a house lol, short n sweet but i will definatly be returning to the pulsar scene

paz

You're looking in the region of 600-800 for a new engine depending on how many there are for sale. Good luck with the fix.

Paz

P

pulsarboby

if you want a cheap way out, i have an engine with a blown head gasket but i may split it!
the bottom half has had a recent rebuild, so you know its a 100% good!
it will work out cheaper than repairing the one you have.
or if you want, i will renew the h/g for you and sell you the complete engine!
or i have another with good compression and oil pressure which is still in car and can be seen running!

all depends on what you want to do, and your finances etc, but there really is no such thing as a cheap fix, a lot of the time (especially ebay) you get exactly what you pay for!
and lets face it, its a job you dont want to do twice;-)

DanValv3r

exactly mate i dont wanna buy a shitter, have been offered what sounds like a good engine via PM earlier, 40k miles, nearly complete for 400 sniffs, but am also very interested in urs to mate, let me know what you want for them and ill let you know

the only thing stoppin me buyin one is the money, im already in trouble with teh bank for buyin the R...........BUT it was worth it lol

P

pulsarboby

cant compete with 400 for a complete engine.
the best i can do is 400 for the bottom end or 600 for the engine, but you will need to put a new h/g on it!
the car was running and drove with good oil pressure and no knocks or rattles, but coolant pipes were pressurising!

40k miles (unless he has documented history from new to back this up) i would take that with a pinch of salt.
if the car had only done that mileage then why is it being broke?
a genuine 40k miler should be in near mint condition, including bodywork and interior;-)

it really annoys me that a lot of people do not tell the truth, when selling stuff like this, as its a bugger of a job to do, and they have no respect for the work and money that it costs to do. theres nothing more annoying than fitting an engine or a box, only to find that what you have just bought and fitted is nothing but a pile of crap, makes you feel like taking a sledge hammer to your car and smashing the living daylights out of it:twisted:

it makes no difference to me whether you buy my one or not, but just make sure before you part with your cash;-)
if that mileage is 100% genuine, then snap it off him as that is a good price, but bring a compression tester with you, if engine is not in car running, then turn it over by hand a few revolutions and do a comp test on it,(you will still get a reading on comp), would also be worth checking big end bearings before fitting engine, as it will save you a lot of heartache when fitted!

DanValv3r

ok mate thanks very uch for the advice!!!

where bouts in the country are you from???

gonna have a look round, not gonna rush into the first one i c!!!

still debating on wether to buy a full engine or just a B/E

if i buy the full engine then im gonna have a spare head, crank ect, but will av a look round when i have the money

am very interested in the engine mate, if its just the head gasket gone then taht also sounds pretty good to me, do u have much history with the engine?

P

pulsarboby

wads and wads of paperwork came with car (not read through it though)
you should be fine with just a bottom end if your head is good!
and im based in essex.

DanValv3r

well i would like a full engine so i will have spares then, and all i will have to do is change the gasket and drop that one in instead of swapping all the bits from mine onto that one!!!

would the bottom end come fully built with just the head to put on???

DanValv3r

oh and where bouts in essex are you from??

have a friend at work from essex, said he could tell me exactly how long it would take to get there lol, im from leicestershire so it would be a good 3 hour drive!!!

P

pulsarboby

im in southend! 2 hour drive, tops.
that price is for bottom end only, with oil pump and cooler and water pump, all ancilliarise would have to come from your own engine.
and same applies with complete engine (does not include turbo etc etc)

H

heydirtyboy

hi i've got a bottom end, £300 no offers, also two heads at £175 each has they havent been pressure tested yet, if your interested call me, in south yorkshire 07960667434