avon tyres

NU773R

is anyone using avon tyres??

are they good and what would be the best one to go for

cheers

Last edited:

kenan

South West Regional Rep
I'd Say Toyo Proxie T1-Rs or if you can afford it Goodyear Eagle F1's. Only ever hear good things about these tyres

carlengerer

I actually went to check out some tyres this morning, I got quoted for 185/55/R15 Toyo Proxie T1-Rs at 124.57 GBP each... they are good tyres, not at that price though..stick with the well known brands

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Feck me where did you go, funny trye size that. You want 195/50/R15 as this is a comon tyre size, should be less than £40 a corner. www.mytyres.co.uk <-- use this site for a price guide, the Toyo is currently £34.90 delivered to your door and should be able to get a tyre fitted for a fiver

A

arry

I wouldn't touch anything avon with a barge poll.

www.camskill.co.uk for Falken 452's - run them all round on my R32 and they're pretty damn good, especially for the price

kenan

South West Regional Rep
arry said:
I wouldn't touch anything avon with a barge poll.

www.camskill.co.uk for Falken 452's - run them all round on my R32 and they're pretty damn good, especially for the price
You won't get them in a 15 will you? haven't heard a review of the 452s yet but the 451 were a fab tyre, ran them on my 33

antgtir

The Avon's are generally a softer compound tyre so the wear of the tyre will probably be more than say a Pirelli or Dunlop, however id say very similar to the Toyo's.

I found the Avon were a good tyre although ive never run them on the R, never had any complaints when i used to fit them to customers cars at ATS.

Obviously your choice of tyre comes down to cost, application, durability and overall performance. I will say this though, dont always trust what you see written as feed back or peoples comments i found it to be a load of terd lol.

Ant.

youngsyp

If you going to buy tyres, don't mess around with the 'high street' suppliers, you'll just get ripped off.
Get on to www.mytyres.co.uk. My last set of Toyo T1-R;s from there (215-45/16's) were half the price of the best quote I got from the usual suspects !

Paul

Mr GTiR

carlengerer said:
I actually went to check out some tyres this morning, I got quoted for 185/55/R15 Toyo Proxie T1-Rs at 124.57 GBP each... they are good tyres, not at that price though..stick with the well known brands
F00K ME!! Talk about highway robbery:der: ! My 205/40/17 Toyo Proxie T1-R's only cost me £43 per corner!!:thumbsup:

kenan

South West Regional Rep
youngsyp said:
Keep up, already reccomended them :p

Have to agree with Antgtir, I met a guy who had just got a fresh impot scooby and said the tyres were the best he had even driven with. When looking found they were snow tyres and it was mid summer :doh:

NU773R

whats the difference between toyo T1-R and T1-S

found a set of 4 toyo's T1-R's in 195/45/15 for 140 quid