Votes: 9 16.1%
  • 35 - 39

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • 40 +

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters
W

Will_C

Hi all i'm a newbie on here and am thinking of getting a gti-r in the near future because I'm after something a little different :-D Should have around 4k to spend.
But I was just wondering what the average age of the owners of these cars are, I'm 26 and for some weird reason feel I'm to old to be buying one, so off you go then, how old are you lot ? with-out sounding rude:roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
P

powerfreack

Fire & skill said:
well you need to be 25 to insure one! im guessing most peeps on here are in the 25 - 35 age bracket

very doubtfull mate theres many young owners out there at the moment as they are cheap and they by them fook them and sell them all within a few months

i am only 22 and have had my first gtir for around 1 year then sold it and bought a gtr and came back to the gtir so you can get insured on these cars when young

im only 22 and pay a fair wack for insurance but its highly tuned and worth every penny in my opion

you are never to old

KF79GTIR

i have 10 points a new driver 26 & i pay £1985 a year to insure my R worth every fookin penny when you can out do 95% of all other cars with out a doubt

T

Tug

36 damn!!! Does that mean im too old for one?....oh well better start saving for an evo 6 methinks :(

W

Will_C

Well i'm obvously not to old then got some quotes for insurance for around £650 fully comp so that sounds ok.
I've not fully looked into these cars yet but i'm looking for one which is pretty much standard which i know is gonna be hard to come across, might try going straight to an importer but from what i've seen you pay top whack from them, the biggest question i have is what is the reliability of these motors and can the millage quoted from importers be trusted ?

maz

im 21, and with a little bit of tweaking to the old insurance form (nuthing illegal mind you) i could get insured for 1100 in the middle of Glasgow, but from pictures of club meets that i have seen, it looks like your never to old to drive one...theres some real old codgers out there!

Studlife

i'm 20 this is my second car, my first being a R32, for insurance i pay £500 per year my company just used the Pulsar NX (North American 4cyl, FWD) information but i'm insured for the full value of the GTIR

37, and admiral just quoted me £352 for insurance(with modifications). funny that as the wife is £300 for a 420 diesel rover??????? Rover= group9 , pulsar = group 20 something isn't right there, not i'm complaining but the wife sure as hell should.