AVCR Question!

Shaun

:D Hi guy's,just a quick question.Me and my mate are both running Apexi AVCR's to control the boost and after a so called tuner cocked mine up i reset it and started again,i have set the boost at 1kg/cm2 with a duty of 53% and on the first run out it had learned i.e.the 3 stars(***),but since the weather has warmed up the flaming thing has gone loopy :? it keeps over boosting,sometimes as bad as 1.18kg/cm2 on 1kg/cm2 setting :shock:My mates is also acting up :twisted: So my question is has anyone elses AVCR gone bonkers recently or is there summin up :?: :? Also when it was fitted i removed the restrictor from the actuator piping,would this make any difference :?:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Drop your duty to 35% all the way across....

Highlight the ***... Go into it and you should see the rpm based duty graph... just drop it to 35% all the way across...

If you are only running 1bar then that setting will be fine...

Shaun

:D Right,tried 35% and it was absolutely terrible :cry: .Acceleration was totally flat and only reached 0.8kg/cm2 i.e.standard boost and it didnt reach this until 6500 revs :wink: So looks like i'm going to have to try another way :wink:

K

kizzyturbo4x4

jsut rise it bit by bit until you reach 1bar max, then let it do the rest of thw job by itself. a few drags trought the rpm ranges under load will make it adjust itself. and ps. 4th gear does this best but then that wouldnt be legal on public roads now would it? :wink: :lol:
you should see it stable after some runs, ive had mine for a year and ive learned its better letting it settle in by itself instead off me adjusting up and down(takes forever and doesnt get really stable)

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Shaun said:
:D Right,tried 35% and it was absolutely terrible :cry: .Acceleration was totally flat and only reached 0.8kg/cm2 i.e.standard boost and it didnt reach this until 6500 revs :wink: So looks like i'm going to have to try another way :wink:

just increase it little but little... The more load you run the quicker its going to spool.... Runnign too much duty will hold boost better on drag runs but for normal driving it will over boost...

Eg...
Mine is set to use 80% duty for drag and 55% for normal road use...

Try setting the duty high in the low rpm range and gradually lowering the duty further up the rpm range... this will help the turbo spool up quicker but keep the boost more stable higher up the rpm range...

Rishi

K

kizzyturbo4x4

thats why i suggest to set it as close as you get it without to much overboosting, then drive it like you use to and it should level itself to stable boost at your driving style.

GTIR-LOZ

i thought the duty was just how much air the solenoid bleeds off to stop the actuator opening, i.e the higher the duty the more pressure it can hold back from the actuator

K

kizzyturbo4x4

yes, but as you might know the car is equiped with a factory boostcontroler.
or rater boost leveler. it levels the boost out so that it becomes stable and dont spike.
the WG actuator needs different amounts of pressure to close the WG depending on exhaust flow ratio throught the turbo and that changes over the RPM range.
and thats why it need different duty cycles throught the RPM range.

K

kizzyturbo4x4

or rater boost leveler. it levels the boost out so that it becomes stable and dont spike.
for better AVC-R work, ie faster spool, i removed this since its replaced by the AVC-R regulator.
the WG actuator needs different amounts of pressure to OPEN the WG depending on exhaust flow ratio throught the turbo and that changes over the RPM range.
thats now controled by avc-r and not standard unit that is set for about 0,6bar.

GTIR-LOZ

i thought it was the pressure that opens the wastegate not closes it, the wastegate is always at a closed position when on boost until it hits the desired pressure amount then this opens the wastegate to stop the boost pressure building up more

K

kizzyturbo4x4

kizzyturbo4x4 said:
for better AVC-R work, ie faster spool, i removed this since its replaced by the AVC-R regulator.
the WG actuator needs different amounts of pressure to OPEN the WG depending on exhaust flow ratio throught the turbo and that changes over the RPM range.
thats now controled by avc-r and not standard unit that is set for about 0,6bar.
yes edited, and yes off course.. :wink:

MrMischief

Shaun said:
Also when it was fitted i removed the restrictor from the actuator piping,would this make any difference :?:
Mine runs perfectly with the restrictor in...that may be your problem :?
Steve

K

kizzyturbo4x4

MrMischief said:
Shaun said:
Also when it was fitted i removed the restrictor from the actuator piping,would this make any difference :?:
Mine runs perfectly with the restrictor in...that may be your problem :?
Steve
that shouldnt have anything at all to say cause in the end the avc-r solenoid is just that, and restrictor. just adjustable.