Astra VXR

CruiseGTi-R

Was behind him at the lights before a roundabout, and we had just had a little tussle before pulling up at the lights so knew he was going to boot off.

I was behind him, both flew hard round the roundabout and off onto a dual carriageway. I was flat out and only kept neck a neck till having to pull up again. I did have to momentarily back off (considered undertaking, but thought better of it :roll: ) so suffered a bit but really I think only a launch would have seen him off properly, quick car, was a bit surprised. 250bhp aren’t they?

More boost please…

O

Odin

Oh the shame of it :roll: .

You had better turn up the boost mate :wink: .

Rob

dazzamac

lol hope the misses don't see this, she was goin to buy a vxr but decided against it and has bought something else...need my R tuned before racin anythign a think :?

GTiR_Mic

Im sure there are about 240 bhp straight out of the box, just need to catch them on a wet day next time :lol: :lol:

Mic

CruiseGTi-R

It bloody shifted tell ya. Also looked 8) , massive wheels on the thing.

When a few of these things are going about chipped they'll be v quick, going by how this thing went.

Reckon its about time I more than this 1bar nonsense. If only I could make my mind up ecu-wise :roll: .

Bloody Haltech E8 thingy in the mix now, another bloody option :D

cojack

My mates dad has just bought one they are 250bhp but they also have a nutter button as he call's it. Which changes the car's performance quick little car i can tell ya

GTiRlover

CruiseGTi-R- you were running 1 bar and couldn't shake him? I never realised they were as quick as that :shock:

MarkTurbo

I actually quite like those Astra VXR's :shock: 240 bhp and FWD with a lot less transmission losses than an R is going to be fairly quick once moving :wink:

CruiseGTi-R said:
Reckon its about time I more than this 1bar nonsense. If only I could make my mind up ecu-wise :roll: .
Depending on what mods you've got and the boost your planning on running the standard ecu could do the job :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
GTiRlover said:
CruiseGTi-R- you were running 1 bar and couldn't shake him? I never realised they were as quick as that :shock:
They're not, well not as standard anyway. Either he's modded or Cruisegtir gave him some help by not trying very hard (or his car isn't well) :p

Vauxhall Astra VXR 05 237bhp 1393kg 172.87bhp/ton
0-60 6.33 My 1bar Gtir 4.0s
0-100 15.59 Mine 10.0s
60-100 9.26 Mine 6.0s
1/4 = 14.49 98.76 mine 12.5 at 111mph on same day as above figures

All taken from here http://www.letstorquebhp.com/fwd.asp compared against my 1bar Gtir (280ish bhp) although the average 1bar Gtir is abit slower.

CruiseGTi-R

Torque.

Standard figures for VXR, 236lb ft at just 2400 rpm. Thats practically more than anything else in its class. Its as much as an R32, Audi 3.2, and even a couple of TD's and they're heavier cars with 4wd type drivetrain losses.

To be fair I did have to back off at one point, but still, on the road when up and running these things are clearly fast.

He ccooouuld of been modded I suppose, unlikely though.

My car is flying at the moment, which is why I was so surprised I had to post about it.

Anyone who sees VXR, race em, they're my new Type R pet nemesis :twisted: :D

Simmo

I've got an Astra VXR as a comp car, its a really nice motor, much nicer than my previous Astra GSI mk4. 19s on it aswell.

No where near as quick as the R, plus it torque steers towards trees, walls and hedges whenever you floor it!

It's going for the Regal 300bhp phase3 in a couple of weeks though ;)