Apexi ECU

gbedwardsd

Because I'm just listening to what I've been told, and I admit I dont fully understand the print outs (i.e. what levels are 'safe'), I have to believe what the tuning guys say...
I only took it to see if the fueling was correct because I knew the previous owner had 'fiddled' added a boost controller and 'uprated' turbo and when I got the car home I tried her out properly and it seemed to miss a bit at the top of the revs...
It only had a dyno run no tuning.
I've decided to put up the emissions curve and let someone who understands properly decide.
It would be nice for somebody to describe what ideal curves would be in comparison to what I have and to just either defend or argue the dyno guys facts.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I'd be quite happy with that fuelling. The high speed lambda is your air/fuel ratio. 1 lambda is equivalent to 14.7 AFR. At 6krpm I read that as 0.82 lambda or 12.0AFR. We could debate whether 12.2 or 11.8 is better but it's basically as good as you need. It then drops a little more which keeps things safe at high revs, that's also good. An ideal AFR curve would be similar to what you have.

Your boost at 1.1bar seems to drop off early from 5.7krpm. This could be a number of reasons. If you say it's missing at high revs then you might need to check ignition system. The boost dropping could be a wg or a leaky boost pipe issue.

Throw up your hp and torque dyno plot to help everyone understand.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Again nothing significantly wrong with that. You are making 300hp at 6.4K with the turbo losing a little boost to 1.05. So basically we are saying you have a 1bar R making 300hp. Pretty standard results.