Anyone with an aftermarket oil temp gauge?

G

GTI-R Kid

Been bolting the engine back together over the last few days, along with adding a few new bits to include oil pressure and temperature sensors. Managed to replace the OE pressure sensor with the new one, but the threads of the OE temp sensor and the new one are completly different.:doh:

Just wondering how others have attached their sensor probes for the oil temp? I had hoped the mocal take-off for the oil cooler would have holes for the sensors but no joy there.:? Not going to be keeping the standard 3 gauges so don't mind removing the oil temp and pressure sensors from the engine so I can get accurate readings, but not much good when the new sensor doesn't fit the old hole.

Has anyone fitted some form of reducer adapter? Or should I give up trying to fit it in the original position and put it somewhere else?

Any help appreciated.:sad:

JIMMYBACK

i have a taran oil adaptor that fit in between the oil filter and the car that has two place where a oil temp and oil pressure senders for sale

JIMMYBACK said:
i have a taran oil adaptor that fit in between the oil filter and the car that has two place where a oil temp and oil pressure senders for sale
I've already got a sandwich plate for my oil cooler here so not an option.
Thanx anyway

G

GTI-R Kid

Not got anywhere with it. Like Jay, we have the sandwich plate for our oil cooler fitted which makes things tight around the filter now. Not a hope of fitting something else in there too.

At the moment I just have the ticking gauge as the temp probe remains unconnected. Might just give up and fit it to the sump soon if I have no other options.