anyone found a reverse gear looking lost anywhere

Keira

:lol:

dont think its to bad. ie not internally in the box but tonight after 2 years of trouble free ownership the car has decided it doesn't want to go backwards everytime its asked to :roll:

It aint the clutch or master/slave cylinder as it does it when engines not running and not using the clutch.

It fixed itself by the time i got home.......no one down here can pin point it, but we guess its the selector rods from gearstick to box, discodave had the same thing but his advice was ' i just poked it around for abit and did some stuff up' :lol:

Anyone had this ?? and what...where was it ??

basically got tomorrow night to sort it otherwise whoevers at pts saturday may be helping me push it on/off the rollers :lol:

no problems with any forward gears, just reverse,

Keira

had a look tonight, nothings loose, nothings worn :?

solved my squeeky clutch pedal though 8) seems like the faries have fixed my reverse gear problem as its been fine all night...

bet it goes again tomorrow :roll:

skiddusmarkus

You can't buy just the linkage bush apparently and have to buy the whole linkage which costs about £60 :evil: .Mine is worn so more bits to buy :cry: .

Paul R

Ressurrection

Just to bring this back from the dead.

Your problem, this morning I pulled in the parking space in work went to select reverse to straighten up and it wont go in???

The other gears are fine but it feels like something is blocking it, the gear selector moves over to the right so I can use fifth but just wont go down.

Was that how yours was? *hoping for the gearbox fairies to fix mine for when I go home*

Occasionally it takes two or three goes when cold to get it in there *fnarr fnarr* and I don't ram it in. I put that down to being cold. It's being doing that for about three years now.

Any ideas? Or am I pushing it out tonight?

ashills

this ended badly for kieron first 5th gear went now hole box is knackered so hope urs dont go same way his has lol

Paul R

:shock: what do you mean 'lol' ? :?

Nope I hope so as well, so did 5th go after reverse 'fixing' itself?

*slightly curious if I'm going to get home tonight*

Paul R

Edd said:
taxi for Paul R :shock: :shock:
Cheers :lol:

Well got home after pushing the car out of the parking space (on a multi storey car park, doh!)

Gingerly put it into 5th gear after joining the first dual cabbage way. And got home OK. Still can't get reverse and it's been pee'ing it down outside.

Hey ho, I said last week that I'd had the car for 4 years without any major hassle, guess I spoke too soon. Gonna check the linkage and reverse switch before going to town on it though.

Can you get the switch out without gearbox juice going everywhere?

Hope it get's me to work tomorrow though.

Apologies for sounding funny ashills just one of those days :oops:

Keira

alan (ashills) is probably still amused at the fact that i had to get towed back from the shops on monday night :oops:

Until i get back off holiday and get the box off and get it taken apart not sure what went wrong.

after 2 weeks of reverse messing about i lost 5th, no warning, no noises just blown it to pieces, that was saturday, momentarily lost all gears on the a2, got 1st-4th back and reverse was fine. Drove the car to the shops monday which resulted in no gears other than reverse, by the time i got it home havn´t even got that, cant select anything..

clearly the problem with reverse is what started it all, i´m not to fussed as i have a spare box and when it all died i wasn´t far from home. When i had a look at the car there appeared to be nothing wrong with the selector rods or bushes etc. so must´ve been in the box.

probably best to get it sorted matey before youget stuck somewhere :(

Paul R

probably best to get it sorted matey before youget stuck somewhere
Mine feels like the reverse gate just isn't there and no amount of gentle or harsh driving makes any difference, the other gears are fine (for now :? ). I was going to have a look behind the reverse light switch as I wonder if that has been a problem, but at the moment it's hailing, windy and thunder/lightning outside so it will wait till tomorrow.

I've been using it for work all week and apart from pushing it from the front of the house or out of parking spaces it seems OK.

Hey ho