anybody know of....

S

sean GTT

hi im new around here, currently drive a Renault 5 GTT (hence the name 8) )

anyway,im looking into getting a GTiR in the near future,found a lad in potters bar wanting to PX his white Pulsar,just wanted to know if any of you had previously owned it or if it was a ex club members car?

Its a white K plate - K*** LUA

black bonnet,Buddy club Wheels,front mount,front bumper exhaust,black windows (yak)
apparantly running 350Bhp

obviously i live in newcastle so befor making the 600mile round trip wanted to see if any of you know about it ??

cheers boys and girls :-D

Godzilla

Why would he px against urs no offence unless something was wrong with it or urs is a real minter ,just though r5 were worth even less than the mighty R these days , maybe wrong though

Oh yeah have you seen this car might be worth trying eBay,pistonheads,auto trader try and find it if it's for sale else were ,also if it's all above board I'd do a text check on it to be sure , good luck though hopefully someone here does know the car and can help you

Last edited:
S

sean GTT

thats what i was thinking?

he said he was going to advertise his for £5k but if i was willing to collect the car from nearer his end of the world he would do a straight swap....

il try and 'up some pics he sent me in a bit,

for the record not all 5's are rot boxes who pop there gaskets at the first sign of boost.....although most are :)

here's mine , http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/998655.htm

Godzilla

LOL I no mate just didn't want to say anything incase u went all defensive on my ass we Gtir owners are also plagued with old wives tales even though most are true LOL

S

sean GTT

nah iv heard it all befor pal :)

had mine nearly 2 years,2nd one. everybody and there grannys 1st question is " how many headgaskets have you been through?" lol

time for a change now tho,always liked GTiR's,thought i would treat myself

Godzilla

Nice car by the way mag features too , even though 2k is a he'll of a drop for a couple hundred miles at best does sound suspect

S

sean GTT

yeh very suspect,bit of a trek to find out it isnt what he say's it is.... hence starting this thread, sure i saw the car for sale a few weeks back but cant remember where?!

The guy rang me after seeing the ad, doesnt seem to realise what he's got,or he's just playing dumb so i think iv got a bargain....probably the latter

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
thats what i was thinking?

he said he was going to advertise his for £5k but if i was willing to collect the car from nearer his end of the world he would do a straight swap....

here's mine , http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/998655.htm

As he was going to advertise for 5k but take a (what I would call) large drop in value for your car, he sounds a little too keen.

For a 600mile round trip I'd be 100% before I jump in a car and make that decision, perhaps some more questions need to be asked?

Put a few photos up for the car when you have them and someone might recognise it :thumb:

S

sean GTT

pics are being 'upd ....nnnnnnnnnn.....now :)

yeh all seems abit wierd, its his dad iv been speaking to mainly who's english doesn't sound too good, and me being a Geordie just makes it worse TBH.

His son seem's more clued up, although he does say he's got a Merc SL55 aswel....yet he wants a R5 GTT?

Spec wise its got....

Jap import
white
front mount
front and rear braces
samco hoses
forged internals
water spray button for IC
standard turbo
Running 350ishBhp
coilovers
buddy club's
turbo timer
short shifter
cobra seats
stripped rear
omp s'wheel
6pot calipers
tinted windows

thats all he told me,said he's got invoices for all work but didnt name any brands or mention exhaust etc,which is why i dont think he knows what he's got ?

Plenty more questions to be asked, probably wont go for it unless one of you guys recognises the car and vouches for it,

anyway,pics...

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sean GTT

Unless there's a nice person on here that lives near Potters Bar that could have a look over the car for me? would compensate you via paypal of course :)

EVOBAD

what ecu .injectors maf does it have plus strd turbo isnt going to support 350bhp,has clutch been done,has he got prof of pistons as alot of people say forged but tell porkies & what boost is it running

S

sean GTT

mr EVOBAD.....i have no idea on any of the above.....going to ask him now,doubt he knows TBH

S

sean GTT

ok injectors are 550cc, ecu is programable, 1.1bar boost,and yes has receipts for forged build from a company in london called SCEPTRE ? never heard of them but then again am a Northerner

Last edited by a moderator:

JIMMYBACK

i live near potters bar and i ve never seen it but with the way these cars go bang im not surprised:lol::lol:;-)

S

sean GTT

i live near potters bar and i ve never seen it but with the way these cars go bang im not surprised:lol::lol:;-)
lol, he says he hardly uses it, hence why he wants rid.

dont suppose i could persuade you to pop over and check it out for me ? please :pray: