anybody got a sard r2d2 dumpvalve ?

rocafella

well i'm new to all this, anyway

i bought a brand new sard r2d2 dumpvalve and the only noise it makes is a chatter noise. now i've adjusted the screw till its as far out as it'l go without falling off, but its stil just makin a wastegate chatter noise/ compressor surge noise.

is this only due to the fact its brand new with the spring being hard an hasnt really been broken in etc ?

sorry i dont know much about dumpvalves etc :oops:

cheers ross

GTI R RA

Dont know much either, but I got one of those and it has made awesome sounds since day one so you better get it checked.

Daza

the r2d2 makes a chatter noise around a bar of boost then when really booting it on higher boost iirc 1.2 it seems to make more of a deep whoosh, I didn't even know u could adjust em!

daz

rocafella

am running standard boost an all i get is chatter etc. its like the pressure is struggling to exit thru the valve thus making the chatter noise. a few people have recommended i cut a coil off the spring think am jus gonna leave it an see if it loosens up a bit as its brand new i've jus put it on.

marcymarc

rocafella , every time i see your name i get flash backs from when i used to go raving in the 90's :lol: I can remember an mc called mad-p who always used to say "Rush to the bass like a rocafella" :lol:
cant get it out of my head now, damn!

Strange i know :shock::lol:

turbodaily

the spring doesnt need to wear in. if you ran 1bar it woud probably dump, but at standard boost it will struggle. you will need to chop a coil OR purchase a weaker spring for it.

youngsyp

It would seem the standard sprint is too stiff. See if you can get a lower rated replacment from somewhere. Forge my be a good place to start !

rocafella

marcymarc said:
rocafella , every time i see your name i get flash backs from when i used to go raving in the 90's :lol: I can remember an mc called mad-p who always used to say "Rush to the bass like a rocafella" :lol:
cant get it out of my head now, damn!

Strange i know :shock::lol:
:thumbsup: lmao

ah thts a plan buds, will give them a try today !