alloys..

S

stomski

after giving her a wash, i seemed to have something that wont come off my wheels.....?

ive tried wonder wheels, auto glym, acid alloy cleaner, hot water, but this 'muck' will not come off, any ideas...heres what it looks like...

[/img]

[/img]

C

clive760

wheels

it looks like paint :!: if so try paint thiners but dont rub 2hard :)

S

stomski

its crusty like cement, my neighbours are having an extension done, so it might be that i guess..

what about white spirit?

cheers guys :wink:

D

Dee 1

stomski said:
its crusty like cement, my neighbours are having an extension done, so it might be that i guess..

what about white spirit?

If its cement nothing will get it off you may have to scrape it off :evil:

S

stomski

Dee 1 said:
stomski said:

what about white spirit?

scrape it off with what? dont want to fck the alloys up completely thats the only thing..

help

D

Dee 1

stomski said:
Dee 1 said:
stomski said:

what about white spirit?

scrape it off with what? dont want to fck the alloys up completely thats the only thing..

help
Mate you can get cement remover but its an acid and dont know what it would do to the alloys :?:

S

stomski

umm, not sure what to do....??

ive got some alloy acid, that didnt do a thing......b!oody cars!! :(

stugtir

brick and mortar cleaner is basically a acid similar to what a wheel cleaner is, so if the auto glym wont get it of it aint comin off!!! :cry:

try a 4lb lump hammer and bolster chisel :D

stu

S

stomski

think i'll give it another bash later in the week with some acid, if not take it to some wheel refurb place and send the bill to my neighbours me think! :roll: :roll: :D

S

stomski

just had the companies valeters look at them , they think its the salt/grit off the roads thats got into the alloy :( :( :x

A

Anonymous

How does salt and grit get in to an alloy without damaging the laquer?

Get some of that Mequires Quik Clay and use that to get it off. As long as it's on the surface it will remove it. You just spray on the detailer it comes with, very lightly rub the clay over the white stuff and it should lift it off.

You should see the muck it gets off paint even after you've spent days polishing it. Wonderful stuff.

S

stomski

Ben said:
How does salt and grit get in to an alloy without damaging the laquer?

Get some of that Mequires Quik Clay and use that to get it off. As long as it's on the surface it will remove it. You just spray on the detailer it comes with, very lightly rub the clay over the white stuff and it should lift it off.

You should see the muck it gets off paint even after you've spent days polishing it. Wonderful stuff.
where can i get this stuff mate? :wink:

J

jiw

If you have been using wonder wheels etc on a polished lip laquered or not youve been lucky it aint worse, your basically putting acid on paint, jeff

S

stomski

nothing has worked, so its a refurb come the spring - bo!!ox :roll: :x