Alaskan R races the RallyX in the snow (lots of pics)

akchang

my very first race ever was this past sunday at the 2nd annual Rondy Rallycross Race in Anchorage Alaska. i have been honing my left-foot braking technique over the past month and was hoping to be competitive in the Modified 4WD class. the day before the race i found out that studded tires were allowed and would be a HUGE advantage. i was unable to source some for cheap on such short notice so i decided to compete with my standard gravel tires. the track was VERY icey with a coating of 3" of fresh snow on top and it was really cold. it turned out that i got 3rd place in my class and 3rd overall. i beat a lot of cars that had studs. not bad for my first race ever! i had a lot of fun. here are the pics:

me and the car

getting ready

turn 1

throwing some snow

the finish line

tossing some snow on the intercooler

ready to go

some more shots of turn 1

here is a link to more pics as if there werent enough:

http://www.alaskaphotopilot.com/gallery/1235190/27

akchang

the first and second place were 2 different guys driving the same car. it was a 2.5RS subaru with some well treaded and studded tires. this race was all about finding traction!

O

Odin

Well done fella, Nice to see someone using there R properly 8) .

It looked like a lot of fun was to be had out there on the snow :D :lol: , Just get yourself some proper tyres and give that scoobie pooh a good beating next time :wink: .

rob

Rage

Nice pictures! Looks like the perfect enviroment for the R :D
My R is here in two weeks, and look what the roads outside my house is like:

Kinda snow'y here in Norway :)

PS: Sorry for offtopic.

Jgti-R

awesome work dude! i like to see someone use the R properly! 8)

mmmmmmm snow! it's just coming down here now, doubt it'll setle though! :cry:

Rage

That was the situation 2 weeks ago.
Now we have another 80cm with newsnow!

Can take som pics later today :)

J

justin666

Now that looks like fun.!!!! 8) 8)

Well done on the result aswell bud :D :D

J.

bracpan

well done mate keep it up, hope you can get some studs for the next event, then you will really kick the scoobys arse.
Cheers
Phil 8)